WeatherFlow PiConsole - Archive

If I’m not wrong the script is not receiving data for the forecast hence ends.
I once had that problem

Your internet connection is normal ? Else wait 5 minutes and try again.

OK, thanks will do.

I have dedicated Rpi(s) one is still running - haven’t verified data to confirm accuracy yet? but the one’s I have setup on my PC won’t come up either. My internet connection seems fine - have been online all morning without any issues I can sense.

mine failed also with same error

Some service is down and the script is failing, guess for everyone …
@peter can you intercept the missing data and make it so that your script doesn’t crash ??

Hey team, I see the problem but will probably not have time to fix it this weekend. Got family visiting. The API service may come back up in the mean time, but I’ll put more exception catching code in ASAP.

No worries here - Peter … enjoy the weekend.

no hurry, enjoy the family :sunglasses:

I’m also seeing it - the error is “Invalid ICAO code” when using the lat/long API from checkwx. I’ll see if I can make a quick fix and Peter can then cherry-pick just that one if he has the time

OK, got a fix - @peter can cherry-pick my last 2 commits - 6dc624e and 567b9e1 if he has time.

For those of you that feel comfortable using git and would like to get up and running again, you can replace the main.py file from @peter’s distribution with the following file - https://github.com/andy-cooper/WeatherFlow_PiConsole/blob/quickfix/main.py - it contains a fix for the error that @tcichowicz reported and nothing else. It works for me, so hopefully it should work for others as well.

2 Likes

It works for me too.
Thanks

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Announcements & Updates

A post was merged into an existing topic: Announcements & Updates

up and running
thanks @peter

1 Like

@andrew.john.cooper Sorry for the delay, but I just got the chance to look over you Ecobee integration. I really like what you have done, but I am not sure the best route forward is to incorporate the changes into the official version. As I don’t have an Ecobee smart thermostat, it would leave a lot of code in the main version that I would be unable to test, and I would likely break it in the future with my own updates.

If you are keen though, we could always add it as a separate branch to the main version, or of course you could continue to host it in your own repo. Let me know what you think.

And not everyone uses Ecobee.

That’s totally fine with me. You may want to cherry-pick the changes to the .kv file, though, because that is generic and allows you to run on hi DPI displays like my iMac Pro 5K display.

just a wild idea … is it possible to make some api gateway so others can code their part and make it communicate with yours to retrieve the data they need ??
If you document the api, who ever wants to use your soft can just ‘link’ and do what they want to do with it ?? Each can then continue to support it’s part.

well, it is fairly isolated already - the Ecobee support is only enabled if you answer “Y” to a configuration question. If not, it isn’t started. Given the small number of users of it (i.e., 1 - me :slight_smile:), it’s probably not worthwhile to do much more just yet.

could you please elaborate a bit regarding this command. Where exactly you run etc …
Isn’t to clear as is.
thanks

plus upgrading the py to latests seems to trow a new challence

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 497, in send
2019-03-17 18:02:55+0100 [-]     raise SSLError(e, request=request)
2019-03-17 18:02:55+0100 [-] requests.exceptions.SSLError: ("bad handshake: Error([('', 'osrandom_rand_bytes', 'getrandom() initialization failed.')],)",)

edit 1 : ok that seems to be a passing error, a new lauch works now …