ArchiveSW - Display & Data Archive Storage

Thnx, it is working now.

1 Like

Is it possible to run this on something other than a Pi? I have an Ubuntu VM that will be dedicated to archiving Tempest data.

Yes, I have it running on a little Ubuntu server without problems right now.Just be careful if you want to run several things next to it as it uses own stuff to generate itā€™s pages.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking of trying to migrate this to a Docker container on an Ubuntu machine. Problem is that Iā€™m not that much of a guru on Docker implementations. Anyone made this happen?

Paging @vinceskahan. Please pick up the yellow courtesy phoneā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m working on getting this set up now and noticed a spelling error in the updaterpi.sh script. Line 37 says ā€œUpdateing Nodeā€ instead of ā€œUpdating Nodeā€.

Thanks for putting this together! Hopefully Iā€™ll have more to contribute at some point. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m very excited as everything is set up and data is flowing into the MySQL DB properly. Also got Telegraf/InfluxDB monitoring the DB performance.

I checked the logs and there is one error showing up for the server.

TypeError: res.jsn is not a function
    at /usr/local/bin/archivesw/server.js:606:9

I looked around in the script but couldnā€™t find what itā€™s referencing.

Iā€™m having trouble backfilling data using the dailystats script. Iā€™ve been able to backfill the Sky and Air data using the backfill.js script and adjusting the date parameter backwards to fill past dates.

I see that the dailystats script also has a provision for modifying the script date using parameters, but I canā€™t get it to work. Iā€™ve tried ā€œnode dailystats -date -10ā€ but donā€™t get any additional data in my db.

Iā€™ll have a look and see if I find the issue.

Gary,
Any chance you could update your certificate on your website? Iā€™m trying to re-install the script in a container on my new Proxmox server (instead of the RPi). Thanks!!

EDIT: I donā€™t need you to do it anymore since I was able to do it by adding --no-check-certificate to the script call.

bash -e <(wget --no-check-certificate -qO - http://fsoft.com/archivesw/script/install.sh)

But you may as well do it for the benefit of others! :slight_smile:
Thanks again!

1 Like

Yes, I need to update it.

1 Like

Thanks. So I think I still need it updated. Turns out I canā€™t just add the --no-check-certificate to the bash script. Iā€™m trying to manually install and running into issues. Still working through themā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s updated. Let me know if you have any other issue.

1 Like

Thank you sir! Iā€™ll try a fresh install. Was still having issues and I canā€™t tell if it was due to the cert or if it has something to do with my Ubuntu virtual machine in a container.

1 Like

Let me know. I think itā€™s good on my end.

It workedā€¦ basically. In order to make it work on Ubuntu, I added a user named pi and created a Desktop folder for it. I did that because I saw it in the steps of the script.

The only problem I have now is trying to get it to automatically start at reboot. For whatever reason, the start1.sh doesnā€™t seem to be called. I made it executable, along with the start2.sh script.

I can manually start them up by going to the ā€œ/home/pi/archiveswā€ directory and then running ā€œpm2 startā€. Iā€™m thinking I need to modify one of your scripts or write my own that runs things at startup. That is, unless you have a better, cleaner idea.

I know the way Iā€™m doing it is not how you originally intended. You meant it to be on an RPi running Raspian. Iā€™m running it on a rackmount server, in an Ubuntu container, that has Proxmox as the hypervisor. I figured I would give it a shot and I think Iā€™m really close.

This project of setting up my new server is definitely a challenge but I figured it would be a good way to upgrade my infrastructure and a way to ā€œkill timeā€ while we are cloistered up in the house during the shelter in place times. Iā€™m almost done working out the bugs and getting all of my VMs and containers set up.

Startup is fired in chrontab so start there.

yeah, I messed with that too. Should I be using the one under the pi login or the root login?
And maybe I need to add sudo?

Thatā€™s a good question and I donā€™t have the answer. Crontab should call start1.sh so start there and make sure it can.

/home/pi/Desktop/start1.sh
calls
lxterminal --command=ā€œbash --init-file /home/pi/Desktop/start2.shā€

It looks like most of whatā€™s in the start1.sh and start2.sh have to do with running the display, which I donā€™t use. Iā€™m really just using the archive, panel and upload features.

I think Iā€™m getting close by setting something up in /etc/init.d and using a simple script that does:

sleep 10 && cd /home/pi/archivesw && pm2 start

Now I need to just get it working upon reboot, without login.