Do we need a touch screen to use PiConsole?

Sorry for the dumb question but I thought maybe this app would also run as a web app where we could check it and/or keep it up in a browser. Is it only meant for a touch screen? I just set it up and it’s failing below. That’s when I wondered maybe it won’t run without a touch screen. This is a fresh install of Pi 4 and Console.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/wfpiconsole/main.py", line 613, in <module>
    wfpiconsole_app.run()
  File "/home/pi/wfpiconsole/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/kivy/app.py", line 956, in run
    runTouchApp()
  File "/home/pi/wfpiconsole/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/kivy/base.py", line 574, in runTouchApp
    EventLoop.mainloop()
  File "/home/pi/wfpiconsole/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/kivy/base.py", line 339, in mainloop
    self.idle()
  File "/home/pi/wfpiconsole/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/kivy/base.py", line 379, in idle
    Clock.tick()
  File "/home/pi/wfpiconsole/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/kivy/clock.py", line 733, in tick
    self.post_idle(ts, self.idle())
  File "/home/pi/wfpiconsole/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/kivy/clock.py", line 776, in post_idle
    self._process_events()
  File "kivy/_clock.pyx", line 620, in kivy._clock.CyClockBase._process_events
  File "kivy/_clock.pyx", line 653, in kivy._clock.CyClockBase._process_events
  File "kivy/_clock.pyx", line 649, in kivy._clock.CyClockBase._process_events
  File "kivy/_clock.pyx", line 218, in kivy._clock.ClockEvent.tick
  File "/home/pi/wfpiconsole/lib/forecast.py", line 65, in fetch_forecast
    if int(self.app.config['System']['rest_api']):
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

-MF

The console doesn’t need a touchscreen (it can work on any Linux machine with a keyboard and mouse), but it doesn’t run as a webpage. It is a Python app so it runs in its own window.

The error you’re seeing is a new bug that happens when trying to use a minimal configuration file for demo purposes during the initial setup. I can get this fixed pretty quickly. Alternatively, answer n to this question and you’ll be taken through the full setup process which doesn’t have a bug

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. That makes sense. I edited the config file manually but it’s probably better to go through the wizard. Definitely will do that.

OK, this should now be fixed in v24.6.2

FWIW, I just use a keyboard and mouse when rarely needed…