External Battery pack for Sky

I received the Sky pole mount. Did you do modifications to install pogo pins? If so, what size and where did you purchase them?

Thanks

I am still searching for the proper pin to install.

Modified a pole mounting base and built battery pack. Ran wiring inside pvc pipe. Running great!

Battery changes will be simple. Wish larger C or D cell were available in lithium so I could build a pack to use them.

3 Likes

Do you have any pictures?

Thanks!

I didn’t take pictures and it’s mounted on the roof. Is there anything I can describe that will help? At some point could take pictures of overall look. Are you more interested in how I modified the mount and built battery pack?

For those interested in alternative power supply for SKY, WeatherFlow will be offering a Solar Power Accessory in the coming months. The small panel and associated recharge power storage cell snaps directly into the base of the SKY between the device and the pole mount. Details to follow once we finish field testing, lock down production specs, and have an expected availability date.

Until then, carry on with the creative experimentation! You guys/gals are truly inventive.

3 Likes

Will the Solar Power Accessory be available for delivery to the EU (and the other countries included in the original Indiegogo campaign), or will it be US only? I’m hoping as no frequency issues are involved, it’ll be available to everyone :smiley:

3 Likes

I see no reason why not :wink:

1 Like