What do you think are the pros and cons for measuring temperature in degF and degC?

As a follow up to WeatherFlow PyConsole:
I would like to here and discuss arguments for those both temperature units.
Please feel free to share arguments without getting personal :wink:

Well, it depends on the accuracy of of the equipment. If both are equal then they are equal.

However, if you refer to displaying the temperature in integer values the Farenheit is more accurate. That’s why I prefer Farenheit.

1 Like

I would like to open a section for degC:
it’s wiki: feel free to edit an enlarge this post

Pros Cons
0 degC is defined from a natural point of one of the most nessecary materials for our life. natural 0 point is no atomic movements but is not the basis of the scale
conversion to the natural 0 movement point is odd (-275,15)
1 Like

I would like to open a section for degF :
it’s wiki: feel free to edit an enlarge this post

Pros Cons
displaying the temperature in integer values the Farenheit is more accurate arg con 1 space holder

Cool - Kelvin it is !

FWIW, I don’t think it matters really, I’m going to convert whatever I have to US-style units (with mbar for pressure) because that works for me. It would be nice/helpful if software let us pick what we want easily.

2 Likes

Just depends on where you live and what you are used to. For me,
18C = shirtsleeve wx, 37C = normal human temp, 0C=freezing point of water, 100C = boiling.
I would have to convert to Farenheit to Celcius or would not have a clue.

2 Likes

If everyone and every media source uses Celsius, it is not helpful for me to measure in Fahrenheit, Réaumur, Rankine or Kelvin. As it is difficult to relate.

It tickles me that the BBC forecasts show °C, but wind in mph, barometer and rain in inches. Personally, I use °C, m/s, hPa, mm.

1 Like

Why? Brits use mph for speed.