High temp. shows lower than other stations I own

All sensors are in solid shade from the house. It can’t get any more shaded than that.

1 Like

It matters because the Tempest sensor has some AI stuff that the SKY and AIR do not. It also matters because my first response to you would have been to place your AIR right beside your other temperature sensor. Calling it a Tempest immediately made me think that maybe the temperature compensation in the Tempest sensor may be what was causing the difference you were seeing. The AIR sensor can easily be moved without affecting the sensor readings the SKY sensor makes whereas moving a Tempest sensor affects all the sensor readings.

2 Likes

Are the other sensors the same brand or different brands? Also, as @kurzy asked, do they read the same at night? The AIR has a fair amount of thermal mass with the four AA batteries. It may be that there is some radiation coming from somewhere which affects the lower thermal mass sensors readings more than the AIR sensor.

1 Like

Unfortunately I have no way to track the other sensors. All I have is real-time data. So it would be hard to tell. I will check them at various times during the day and see what I come up with.

This topic was automatically closed 540 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.