It seems from time to time notification (all types) are swallowed

@discourse, @zogstrip
Maybe you can have a look to the notification system.
I considered several issues:

• When a new thread is opened it is not always shown to the “new” category
  • when mentioned someone in a post this is not shown to the notifications of the mentioned person
  • replies to privat threads are not shown as notifications.

I observed all of those personally more then once and read about others having similar observations…
Could you give a comment ? Thanks.

1 Like

What do you mean by a topic is opened? When someone starts a new topic or when you visit (open) a topic you haven’t read yet?

What’s the “new” category? Are you talking about the new tab?

There’s only one way we don’t show the notification of a mention, that is when the other person has muted the user or topic. Otherwise it should always show the notification.

Again, it depends on the notification level of said topic.

Exactly.

If I open the burger menu and choose “new” or the bottom line showing the unread and new topics.

What do you mean with “other user” ? The recipient? So in that case me ? I have no muted users or topics actually.

1 Like

I suggest you change some of your notification preferences settings.

Thanks for your advice… I checked…
I think my settings are o.k.
It is a sporadic issue… hence I suggested a root at the general server side…

1 Like

If you can find a reliable way to reproduce the issue, I’ll be more than happy to fix it.

@zogstrip, There have been times when I have noticed I do not receive notifications. If I recall it happens when I am reading the topics.

Well, yeah, there’s no point in notifying you in this case. So we don’t.

1 Like

That’s my point. Even though I sometimes overlook that it’s actually a new message or reply I did actually see it. Otherwise, I have not seen this issue directly.

That being said, I will make note next time I see something strange.

1 Like