Negretti & Zambra pocket forecaster

Some time ago there was a discussion inside a discussion about Zambretti weather codes. I recreated and redesigned a version of it, and just now made it available here https://www.instructables.com/Negretti-Zambra-Pocket-Weather-Forecaster/.
I’m not very well social connected in meteorology, but feel free to share a link to this in other media.

5 Likes

This is brilliantly done - congrats, really nice.

Andy

1 Like

a question is how to adapt this for the southern hemisphere. I can think of two opitons, reversing the wind direction scale, or swapping all occurrences of South with North and vice versa in the wind direction scale. I didn’t think hard enough yet to come up with the right answer.

This is pretty cool, I’ve never heard of it. Has my grears turning to model this into a 3D printed case, stick a NodeMCU 8266 in it and either display the current conditions with an LED light or putting a 360 degree continuous rotation servo in it with a needle.

The Negretti & Zambra (they combined their names to produce the Zambretti) Forecaster

which is a weather device akin to the Sager Weathercaster

which is incorporated into the WF PiConsole (labeled Sager.) Both work on the principle of Buys-Ballots Law of Meteorology. . . Standing with your back to the wind. . .the Low Pressure area will generally be on your Left (in the Northern Hemisphere). In the Southern Hemisphere. . .the directions are reversed: Standing with your back to the wind. . .the Low Pressure will be on your Right and the High Pressure area will be to your Left.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.