Rain Accumulation Testing from 2-8-2022

I had another good rain accumulation test over a two day period ending 2-8-2022. Here are the results from both the event on 2-5 and the latest on 2-8. Keep in mind that I purposely do not use “Rain Check”.

2-5-2022
Weatherflow Tempest .26
Ambient Weather WS-2000 .81
Acurite 5" Glass Tube Collector .75
Acurite 5" Magnifying Collector .75

2-8-2022
Weatherflow Tempest .67"
Ambient Weather WS-2000 .78"
Acurite 5" Glass Tube Collector .74"
Acurite 5" Magnifying Collector .76"

What is amazing to me is that the Tempest seems to have suddenly improved on the rain fall accumulation accuracy. The only difference between the two events was that we had higher winds during the rain event on 2-5.

1 Like

I am curious, but do you know if the rain intensity was about the same?

If I am reading the history correctly we had more wind/gust and less moderate rainfall in the 2-5 event and very little wind/gust but more moderate rainfall in the 2-8 event. I mean I could even hear the heavier rains in the 2-8 event. It would seem to me that perhaps the haptic sensor on Tempest has some difficulty with rain detection in higher wind conditions. I’m inclined to believe that the engineers/developers at Weatherflow know this and are working on the problems or at least I hope they are.

This topic was automatically closed 540 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.