Recharge restart for sky after freezing temps : solar panel (SPA)

I have already sent a message to support with my data and expect a reply in the next few days.

I live where the temperature can be sub zero for weeks and weeks. The solar charging unit shuts down when temps are below freezing, supposedly to protect the batteries.
I did not know this when I purchased the solar charging unit. Such a system is not at all practical for most parts of Canada.
WeatherFlow Support suggested i change to a different type of battery. The system is on top of a 7 metre pole and requires a ladder and a lot of nerve to service. On top of that I have a broken shoulder. Working and climbing with one arm are out of the question. I will have to wait until April when temperatures rise above freezing to see if it recovers.
I suspect if the batteries are that touchy the minus 35 temps will have destroyed them by now. Thanks to climate change, the temperatures no longer fall to minus 50 any more. But it still gets to -40 or so.

The batteries are fine at those cold temperatures, it is charging them in those cold temperatures that can damage them if the charge rate is too high. Basically charging has to be decreased as the temperature drops so Lithium plating doesn’t occur as this decreases the capacity of the battery. This is not an issue during discharge.

Looks like the solar charger is not charging my sky unit? I have had it since set up since the end of December. So it is only barely 2 months old. Can anyone help me? Thanks

I just had a look at your station and to me this seems related to freezing cold and your solar charger can’t load when freezing.

Open a ticket with support mentioning this (plus your station details), they’ll have a look and for sure help you out. (see menu on top)
In the meantime, if it isn’t dangerous, put in the recommended batteries and your Sky will work normal again.

Hi Eric, Thanks for the reply. It will be in the 40’s tomorrow. I will wait and see what happens.

Thank you, Michael.

Station 4784
Got down to 7 degrees here last night Have bright sun and Sky is finally starting to charge here at 14 degree and 11am was 3.15 now 3.17 have not really had much sub freezing weather but a lot of cloudy rainy weather and mine has never went below 3+ volts