Tempest recovery after dead battery

Hello,

My Tempest has been offline for 6 days now. I’ve read that some folk say that it should automatically wake once the battery has been charges sufficiently and some say that they have had to power cycle it.

Today I took the Tempest down, first tried a quick press of the LED button, but nothing, however power-cycling with the switch did get it started again.

Looking at the graphs, it went offline on the 16th of January with the battery at 2.33V and today after a power-cycle the battery was showing 2.35V - so only a 0.02V charge in a week. I expected more even just from today as its been sunny all day.

My question is; does the Tempest automatically recover after a fully discharged state, or does it need a power-cycle? Would be good to know before I try and relocate it onto the roof.

Cheers
Simon

1 Like

Mine recovered without a power cycle. It came back online when the battery was at 2.38 v. Like when it switches modes, I imagine the battery voltage needs to be higher to switch on compared to the voltage when it switches off. This stops it bouncing between on and off modes all the time. Perhaps power cycling with the switch resets this in some way.

2 Likes

Thanks Peter. I expect mine will shutdown again in a few days, so will leave it alone the next time to see if it wakes.

Cheers
Simon

1 Like