UDP sensor_status 655871

Hello, as of yesterday I’ve been receiving "sensor_status":655871 in the UDP device status packets.

The Tempest app says “Sensor Status: Good” and the actual reported values — in both the app and UDP packets — seem to be sane.

The problem is a value of 655871 does line up with having true set for every single sensor failure: 0b10100000000111111111 (plus some extra bits set higher, which are ignored as per documentation). So software that respects the failed sensor readings from UDP is confused and thinks I have no valid readings.

1 Like

Tempest firmware 173
Hub firmware 194
I’ve tried disconnecting / reconnecting the hub a few times.

Sounds like you need to open a ticket with @WFsupport

will do! (adding characters to make sufficient length to say so)

I’m seeing similar problems: [Weatherflow Tempest] Bizarrely reporting 0ºC, even though the Tempest app does not · Issue #288 · naofireblade/homebridge-weather-plus · GitHub.

I’m seeing sensor_status 672255. Created a support ticket too.

Note that over at [Weatherflow Tempest] Bizarrely reporting 0ºC, even though the Tempest app does not · Issue #288 · naofireblade/homebridge-weather-plus · GitHub, there now is a third person reporting sensor failures — but on a whole different level: no observations are being broadcast at all anymore.

I live in Belgium, and it looks like Julian and that third person both live in Silicon Valley.

Did you get a resolution to the problem of the status reporting all sensors failed? In the last couple days, I’ve had the same issue although data values for the sensors still appear valid. The phone app from WF doesn’t flag anything wrong. It’s as if WF decided to invert their logic on reporting sensor status via the REST interface. The firmware version of my Tempest is 156. The hub firmware is revision 194.

No, I have not. I’ve bumped the thread with support a few times but have only heard that they’re still looking into it.

Oops, I didn’t realize a response could be too short!
Thanks for responding. For now, I’ll simply invert my logic to avoid nuisance messages in my app.

Wayne

I have the same problem, but with a different value of 656383, because I use a Power Booster.
Tempest firmware 165
Hub firmware 194
it looks that the problem started with the new Hub firmware.