WeatherFlow PiConsole - Archive

Is there anyway you can show me all the text that is printed after the Error statement? Unfortunately the picture you’ve shared doesn’t show me what caused the install to stop. Sorry you’re having problems!

Ok there are 4 images.

David

Great!

Can you try running this command
sudo apt-get install libffi6 libffi-dev
And then try to install the console again?

Tried what you said and it appears to have got further, but stills stops with error.
I have attached photo of where things seem to go wrong.

Hmmmm. Are you using a brand new version of Rasbian?

Also I need to be a pain - can you show me images of all the text since the Error statement? I don’t think the root cause of the issue is in the picture you sent me.

Yes downloaded the full version yesterday.
Here is a few more images

Hmmm OK. I may need to look at this in more detail. One last try though - can you run this command
sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libffi-dev python-dev
And then try the install again. If it doesn’t work, I’ll try and look into it in more detail later.

Thanks very much for your time and patience, that last command line worked.
I now have a screen showing. I guess I’ll leave it a bit to update.

David

It will be simpler if you just copy and paste the text.

2 Likes

I’m on V2.1. What is the best way to update to the latest version?

The current instructions on github doesn’t work. Thanks!

Try running the command to install the console. It should skip lots of steps, but should then get you up and running with the latest version.

Great! Glad to hear it’s working. Let me know if you run into any other issues.

Thanks, that did it!

1 Like

The only other problem I have is that my Air unit is not recognized, I have checked the ini file and it is showing the same Outdoor ID as in my app (25238) and that is working in the app. The Sky ID is correct in the app and is working in the wfpiconsole.
David.

Weird! What’s your station ID so I can check it out?

Station ID is 7471.
David

OK - I have tracked the problem down. Essentially because your station is new, it hasn’t yet detected a lightning strike and therefore the console is looking for data that does not exist. I should be able to put in a simple fix though!

Watch this space…

Thanks, I await with anticipation, although we might get some lightning tonight.

Tell me about it! I am based just outside Cambridge, so have my eyes on the forecast too.