WeatherFlow PiConsole - Archive

After 11 days running, I found the console quit early this morning (around an anacron time though it would be surprising this triggered it as it runs so many times)

Upgraded the pi while there and rebooted it, up again and no errors in the usual logs …

Also when doesn’t it feel hot ?? I can tell you my wife does no agree with the statement :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Depends where you live , I think my wife doesnt agree too that value neither me :wink:

Hot? 14C is not even warm.

May you never have to live through the hot flashes of menopause…

2 Likes

no risk for me and I don’t think the andropause has the same effects… though I’ll still far away from it … I hope

14 degrees is shorts and t-shirts weather in the UK :yum:. You’ll never know if it’ll be raining the next day!

In all seriousness, very happy to update these different cutoffs, but I’m not sure I’ll ever make everyone happy. Perhaps custom cutoffs might be something for future development…

4 Likes

Menopause is temporary. Try living with spinal damage that lowers your comfort range by 8° then live in Saigon.

2 Likes

It’s something I have given a little thought but no research as of today. I want to figure a scale range and asking text and color. Maybe it’s time to start a topic and discussion in developers.

Was there any error on the terminal/logs when it quit?

Good idea! I’ll dig out the cutoffs I use in the code tomorrow.

pity enough no, no terminal is open since I use the service to run it … and looked at messages, syslog etc didn’t give anything. :thinking:

OK, no worries. Improving logging when using the .service file is on my list!

Hmmm - check out this nodeMCU-based variant WiFi TFT Touch LCD Weather Station with ESP8266 | MCU on Eclipse (mainly to show the nice display and case the guy built). Given lots of us are driving little displays with either UDP or MQTT data, this one seems pretty possible to adapt to the WF gear.

2 Likes

Just a quick update - being in a one-day Amazon Prime location I couldn’t control the Visa card of doom so I picked one of these up. Very nice display.

Only downside is I hosed something up soldering the Wemos mini to the custom circuit board so I’ll have to wait for my desoldering stuff to arrive Saturday to fix it up. Did a mess’o jumpers to a nodeMCU on a breadboard as an interim workaround to see the code running on the display and it’s very very nice looking.

Looking forward to hacking their demo code to replace OpenWeatherMap lookups with queries of my WF MQTT data for the current conditions and using the same touchscreen display to display stuff !

5 Likes

Thanks I am up and running now. Merry Christmas

Everything OK now. Thanks again Peter! Merry Christmas everybody.

Anyone else sagar not working? Every since the update says forecast unavailable

Thank you so much :+1:

I don’t think I was affected by the errors others were seeing so did not do an update, but about 4 or 5 days ago I restarted and now it fails to load. Appears to be kivy related. Does this have something to do with not doing the update or is my system corrupted in some other way? I have modified my version so I don’t necessarily do an update every time a new release comes out unless something is broken. Looks like it is broken! Not sure if I need a new install or just the update and thought I would ask first before trying the update.

wfpiconsole start
[INFO ] [Logger ] Record log in /home/pi/.kivy/logs/kivy_22-12-23_12.txt
[INFO ] [Kivy ] v2.0.0
[INFO ] [Kivy ] Installed at “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/init.py”
[INFO ] [Python ] v3.7.3 (default, Jan 22 2021, 20:04:44)
[GCC 8.3.0]
[INFO ] [Python ] Interpreter at “/usr/bin/python3”
INFO: [/dev/matrixio_regmap] was opened
[INFO ] [Config ] Verifying station details
[INFO ] [Factory ] 186 symbols loaded
[INFO ] [Image ] Providers: img_tex, img_dds, img_sdl2, img_pil (img_ffpyplayer ignored)
[INFO ] [Window ] Provider: egl_rpi
[INFO ] [GL ] Using the “OpenGL ES 2” graphics system
[INFO ] [GL ] Backend used
[INFO ] [GL ] OpenGL version <b’OpenGL ES 2.0’>
[INFO ] [GL ] OpenGL vendor <b’Broadcom’>
[INFO ] [GL ] OpenGL renderer <b’VideoCore IV HW’>
[INFO ] [GL ] OpenGL parsed version: 2, 0
[INFO ] [GL ] Shading version <b’OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00’>
[INFO ] [GL ] Texture max size <2048>
[INFO ] [GL ] Texture max units <8>
[INFO ] [Window ] virtual keyboard not allowed, single mode, not docked
[INFO ] [Text ] Provider: sdl2
[INFO ] [GL ] NPOT texture support is available
[INFO ] [Websocket ] 2022-12-23 22:47:33 - Opening connection
[INFO ] [Base ] Start application main loop
[INFO ] [Websocket ] 2022-12-23 22:47:34 - Connection open
[INFO ] [Base ] Leaving application in progress…
[INFO][wfmatrixlib.py] 2022-12-23 22:47:34.575229 Waiting for data to stabilize…
[INFO][wfmatrixlib.py] 2022-12-23 22:47:34.575302 pwindir= -
[INFO][wfmatrixlib.py] 2022-12-23 22:47:34.575326 ptemp= -
[INFO][wfmatrixlib.py] 2022-12-23 22:47:34.575347 puv= -
[INFO][wfmatrixlib.py] 2022-12-23 22:47:34.575368 phumid= -
[INFO][wfmatrixlib.py] 2022-12-23 22:47:34.575390 plightningcount= -
[INFO][wfmatrixlib.py] 2022-12-23 22:47:34.575410 prain= -
[INFO][wfmatrixlib.py] 2022-12-23 22:47:34.575432 ppres= -
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “kivy/properties.pyx”, line 861, in kivy.properties.ObservableDict.getattr
KeyError: ‘PanelSix’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/lang/builder.py”, line 242, in create_handler
return eval(value, idmap), bound_list
File “/home/pi/wfpiconsole/kvlang/update.kv”, line 23, in
pos_hint: {‘x’: app.CurrentConditions.ids.PanelSix.x/app.window.width, ‘y’: 2/app.window.height}
File “kivy/properties.pyx”, line 864, in kivy.properties.ObservableDict.getattr
AttributeError: ‘super’ object has no attribute ‘getattr

File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/lang/builder.py”, line 697, in _apply_rule
rctx[‘ids’])
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/lang/builder.py”, line 247, in create_handler
cause=tb)
kivy.lang.builder.BuilderException: Parser: File “/home/pi/wfpiconsole/kvlang/update.kv”, line 23:

21::
22: size_hint: (None, 76/480)

23: pos_hint: {‘x’: app.CurrentConditions.ids.PanelSix.x/app.window.width, ‘y’: 2/app.window.height}
24: width: app.CurrentConditions.ids.PanelSix.size[0]
25: UpdateNotifBackground:

File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/lang/builder.py”, line 242, in create_handler
pos_hint: {‘x’: app.CurrentConditions.ids.PanelSix.x/app.window.width, ‘y’: 2/app.window.height}

File “main.py”, line 536, in
wfpiconsole().run()
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/app.py”, line 950, in run
runTouchApp()
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/base.py”, line 582, in runTouchApp
EventLoop.mainloop()
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/base.py”, line 347, in mainloop
self.idle()
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/base.py”, line 387, in idle
Clock.tick()
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/clock.py”, line 733, in tick
self.post_idle(ts, self.idle())
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/clock.py”, line 776, in post_idle
self._process_events()
File “kivy/_clock.pyx”, line 616, in kivy._clock.CyClockBase._process_events
File “kivy/_clock.pyx”, line 649, in kivy._clock.CyClockBase._process_events
File “kivy/_clock.pyx”, line 645, in kivy._clock.CyClockBase._process_events
File “kivy/_clock.pyx”, line 218, in kivy._clock.ClockEvent.tick
File “/home/pi/wfpiconsole/lib/system.py”, line 111, in check_version
updateNotification(latest_ver).open()
File “/home/pi/wfpiconsole/panels/update.py”, line 31, in init
super().init(**kwargs)
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/uix/modalview.py”, line 187, in init
super(ModalView, self).init(**kwargs)
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/uix/anchorlayout.py”, line 68, in init
super(AnchorLayout, self).init(**kwargs)
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/uix/layout.py”, line 76, in init
super(Layout, self).init(**kwargs)
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/uix/widget.py”, line 361, in init
rule_children=rule_children)
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/uix/widget.py”, line 465, in apply_class_lang_rules
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/lang/builder.py”, line 543, in apply
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/lang/builder.py”, line 712, in _apply_rule
e), cause=tb)
kivy.lang.builder.BuilderException: Parser: File “/home/pi/wfpiconsole/kvlang/update.kv”, line 23:

23: pos_hint: {‘x’: app.CurrentConditions.ids.PanelSix.x/app.window.width, ‘y’: 2/app.window.height}

BuilderException: Parser: File “/home/pi/wfpiconsole/kvlang/update.kv”, line 23:

File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/lang/builder.py”, line 697, in _apply_rule
rctx[‘ids’])
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/lang/builder.py”, line 247, in create_handler
cause=tb)

I’m afraid you need the update. There is a bug in the notification that pops up to show a new version is available. The latest version fixes this bug, but also triggers the bug in earlier versions.