Which 3rd party app to use at remote location

Does the hub work without Internet connectivity these days ?

How would you get the sensor tuned without that ?

Yes the hub works and the App displays the values even while the wifi network is down using bluetooth.

Perhaps weewx might be the solution?

1 Like

WeeWX is always the answer! :wink: What was the question? :laughing:

Since this thread was started, WF-Tempest has announced the “Pro” Hub (includes cellular data link) and a complete remote station package. When (if?) it finally ships, it will fill the remote station need for most people.

Unfortunately, it appears that the “Pro” Hub availability is another casualty of the global chip shortage at the moment. Right now, I can’t even get my hands on a Raspberry Pi from any non-scalping distributor or retailer, and another electronics manufacturer that follow is claiming 1-2 years until they can get Z-Wave chips to make home automation devices to fill their empty warehouse shelves…

1 Like

Sorry, question was for Peter remote no internet data capture

I was actually asking if the Tempest + Hub can be reasonably be expected to work if they have no ‘Internet’ connectivity. I’m assuming they do have a wifi LAN because weewx is going to want to be able to listen to the UDP broadcasts over the LAN at a minimum.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I have a Pro hub on order.

I will be on a ship going from NZ to US. So no cellular! I will be using an old beta unit that is almost dead. I’m expecting marine conditions to finish it off totally.

2 Likes