Add kPa to Pressure readings selection

Please add kPa to pressure selections. Environment Canada uses kPa.

This has been on the list for a long time. April 11, 2018.

2 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t add kPa at the same time they added hPa.

In Canada we use kPa. Even Environment Canada uses kPa. We use the metric system too. You added that, so add kPa.

With this “voting” system we will never see this addition as only Canadians will want it and we will never get enough votes. It’s skewed from the start.

If Weatherflow is reading this just add it already. Canada will love you for it!! :canada:

Considering that many common SI units “skip” to kilo- prefixes it surprises me that so many places use hectopascals.

As SI user, I also found this odd, but is probably because of historic reasons, as one was used to measure pressure in mbar, but that isn’t a SI unit. By using hpa the value stays exactly the same. 1000 mbar = 1000 hpa.

1 Like

A way to change to SI without freaking out some people, maybe?

I sure wish the US had just finished the transition to SI in the late 1970s & early 1980s. I don’t know how many adults I had to school on how simple it would be to switch. Basically, STOP CONVERTING To SAE! Sorry for the OT.

1 Like

Not vital, but I’d kind of like to see air pressure to be shown in kPa, since those are the units reported by Environment Canada.

(Note: Not seeing this topic already, I had requested this independently. It was merged with this thread for me by an astute person.)

Hello haviland

instead opening a new feature request, do a search. There are already many. I merged yours in this one. Cast your vote here .

There isn’t even a calculation involved; just move the decimal point!

1 Like

Hi Eric. I tried to look for it, but didn’t find it right off. Thanks for looking after it for me. I hope they look at doing this.

1 Like

This request was promised over a year ago.
Simple to do, just move the decimal point over and done. Why on earth it hasn’t happened yet is anyone’s guess.

Canada uses kPa plain and simple.

Rob