[APP] Absolute humidity

Could we get and Absolute humidity graph?

Hmmmmm - I had to look that one up. What would that kind of data be used for ?

Since RH is a calculated datapoint I am interested in the Absolute humidity detail

Yes I figured that out, but what is it typically used for?

I would like to be able see how the absolute humidity changes day-to-day.
The RH graph will swing wildly every day based on the temperature even if the total humidity doesn’t change. Personally I am interested in the actual humidity over time.
considering RH is calculated as a function of AH and Temp I figured it would be a really easy thing to add.
I like to be able to see all the raw data, thats why I run a weather station
If I am the only nerd who cares I won’t get any votes and I will have to do it myself… I hope there is an API somewhere

No, I was just asking. I never heard of anybody using that. Guessing it can be calculated from the api data, but I dunno.

it also depends on the pressure. You might use this online calculator for a few points. https://planetcalc.com/2167/

Thanks, if i get time I will also look into what I can read right from the device.

I believe the Sensor array uses the SHT31 temperature / relative humidity sensor so there is no access to absolute humidity.

1 Like

" Digital Humidity Sensor SHT3x (RH/T) – The Industry Standard in Humidity Sensing

The digital SHT3x humidity sensor series takes sensor technology to a new level. As the successor of the SHT2x series it sets the industry standard in humidity sensing. The SHT3x humidity sensor series consists of a low-cost version with the SHT30 humidity sensor, a standard version with the SHT31 humidity sensor, and a high-end version with the SHT35 humidity sensor. Automotive grade versions are also available. The SHT3x humidity sensor series combines multiple functions and various interfaces (I2C, analog voltage output) with a applications-friendly, very wide operating voltage range (2.15 to 5.5 V). The SHT3x humidity sensor is available in both large and small volumes.

The SHT3x builds on a completely new and optimized CMOSens® chip, which allows for increased reliability and improved accuracy specifications. The SHT3x offers a range of new features, such as enhanced signal processing, two distinctive and user-selectable I2C addresses, an alert mode with programmable humidity and temperature limits, and communication speeds of up to 1 MHz."

1 Like

What is your question?

Thank you for letting me know which sensor the Tempest is using. Looks top of the line.

I think that may be the sensor so take it as a maybe.

You’re correct. It’s the sensor that is inside of the Tempest. The Davis VP2 uses the same sensor. However, the Tempest seems like it doesn’t have the wet bias issues like the Davis VP2 and other stations do.

1 Like

It’s possible the Tempest software may be correcting for the wet bias.

I know the CL will make some tweaks but I’m not sure if anything is done before then. WF says that they calibrate the sensors before shipping the Tempest.