btstWx ~ WeatherBox

@ershler
Check your messages, I sent you a download link.
–Sam

2 Likes

tres tres bien cela jolie travail

1 Like

@meteo.thenioux
My wx consloe will run on Android, io, macos and windows.
–Sam

2 Likes

Next up on my agenda for the Console… handling multiple wx stations. Say you have a hub with 2 Skys & Airs… or 2 hubs with one Sky & Air each… Or one SWS setup and a Davis Instruments setup…

Basically, allowing display of up to 8 separate Wx Stations on the Console. Complete with an ‘Averaging’ display, a ‘Priority’ display and a ‘Unique’ display.

And… modifying the Wx Server app to rebroadcast COM port data (ie. Davis Instruments) on a UDP port… for multiple consoles on the same network. Thanks WF for that idea!
–Sam

2 Likes

I see the android app on the Play Store. is there any point in trying it out with only an Air?

1 Like

@acesman,
The app that is available in the Play Store (and the App Store for that matter) is the mobile app that is the ‘client’ for my Wx delivery service.

If you want to try out the wx console (without upload capability, and without any connection to the mobile client), I can provide you with a test copy.

I am working on some upgrades to the software that will enhance the user experience.
–Sam

2 Likes

Looking good for supporting multiple Wx Stations. Max of 4 displayed at once, and they can be diff manufacturers. Currently working with WF SWS and DI Vantage systems.

Will have 3 display options:

1. Standard… .show only one Wx Stations (a primary, default station) (but all on graph)
  2. Averaged… show data averaged from all Wx Stations
  3. Consolidated… show data from all 4 stations

Coming soon!

2 Likes

CWOP upload is in the works… should be ready for mass consumption by the end of the week… yeah, tomorrow!

4 Likes

Now supporting CWOP! AND up to 4 SKYs.

2 Likes

Very very nice. It’s amazing that there is so much support for WeatherFlow at such an early stage.

2 Likes

Totally agree! I’ve been amazed as well at the support WF has gotten over the past year.

2 Likes

Is there a new download link for the new CWOP version Sam?

Yes. But I need your cwop I’d. Pm me and I’ll get you the download.
–Sam

2 Likes

Hi Sam

CWOP ID is DW0209.

Thanks, and much appreciated!

Hi Sam

Would love to get on this now that you have cwop!

I am cwo228

Running Mac and IOS

Version 2.2.0
Now with wind direction arrows augmenting the wind speed graph. Arrows show where the wind is blowing FROM.

2 Likes

looks rich in functional wise but my god those fonts kills it . think in all honesty you should find a cleaner font … think your onto a winner here but pay attention to the ux you might just have a fresh looking useable piece of software which most of all the alternatives overlook… dont be angry i was a web,graphic designer by trade for last ten years…

Thanks for the reply.
The Font/UI style is in-work. It is duplicated from my smart-phone app which allows for 3 “themes” so the user can select which one they prefer.

The other two themes (a ‘white’ one and a ‘black’ one) have different, cleaner fonts. Both will be rolled into this app soon.

–Sam
28year Graphic Designer
20year Software Engineer
8year Web Developer
4year Smartphone App Designer

3 Likes

nice resume but come on put that skill to,use the end result will be far me pleasant for end user and is the wind rose a low resolution graphic ?

Again, thanks for the input.

The windrose is high-resolution… the screenshot is low-resolution.

Stay tuned… more to come.

2 Likes