Delete "Rain" during SKY setup

Oh, I didn’t know the Sky (and presumably the Air) would log data while the power is out. Nice feature! How long of an outage will they log data for?

Here is how the system is designed to work:

WHEN INTERNET CONNECTION IS DOWN
The sensor devices, AIR & SKY, will continue to collect data and report to HUB. HUB will store about a week’s worth of data. Once internet is re-established, HUB will backfill the data gap.

DURING POWER OUTAGE
If HUB loses power, the sensor devices AIR & SKY will continue to collect and store data for about 4 hours (limited by onboard memory capacity). Once HUB regains power, the sensor devices will offload all stored data for the HUB to upload to the cloud.

Tip – during lengthy power outage, simply plug HUB into a common USB power brick/battery for continued operation.

4 Likes

I think the battery will work better when the power is out :slight_smile:

Any data on how much power the hub uses so we can think about sizing a battery backup ?

0.07 amps on my meter…

2 Likes

I’ve just installed Sky. However, I had some bogus rainfall readings, so I followed the procedure to delete the data once it was installed. Since then, the Sky unit hasn’t come back online.

Restarted the hub, thankfully it’s back online. Panic over! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes