Incorrect Timezone on Web - Correct in App

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of a pointer on this one. New tempest owner here, it only arrived yesterday, so I am guessing I have set something incorrectly. I have setup my tempest as per the instructions and am pretty happy the location is correct and all is working OK. All data on the mobile app appears to be working OK and showing the correct time. However, the web data is showing the station is in a different, and incorrect timezone so the times are out by 1 hour. I cannot find where this is set. Have I missed a setting or is the timezone calculated from the device location?

There is another device near me on the map that shows the correct timezone, so I am at a bit of a loss what to do.

Share URL: https://tempestwx.com/station/34275
Showing: Europe/Paris
Should be: Europe/Jersey

Cheers

Hi @cbarker151, you haven’t missed a setting - the time zone is set from the location of the station. You could try moving the location around to see if that triggers the time zone to change correctly, but if not you might need to open ticket with customer support and they will be able to change this manually. There is a link at the top of the page.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Will move it about a bit and see if that does it, if not will open a ticket as suggested.

Thanks again

I know this is kind of an old thread but I am having the same issue. I tried to move the location a bit and still it thinks I am in America/New_York, I should be registering as America/Detroit at least based on all other software installs that I have in place. Any ideas? or just go straight to support?

Thanks!

If your station shows up in the correct place on the map, contact support and they can force the correct timezone.

2 Likes

Unless I am mistaken, America/New_York and America/Detroit are both actually the US Eastern Time Zone, so, either one should resolve to the same thing. Is this causing issues or is it just cosmetic?

Hey! You are correct they are both in US Eastern, I guess in terms of functionality it is NOT messing things up but rather is cosmetic, would still be nice to have it use the correct location though.

I bet that America/New_York is merely the name used for the time zone and not indicating the physical location. I know that on my Casio G-SHOCK watch from 20 years ago that the list of time zones/cities are similar.