New Product: Bird Deterrent Accessory

The Tempest Bird Deterrent Accessory (BDA) is now available for purchase through our online store:https://shop.weatherflow.com/collections/accessories/products/bird-spike-accessory

The bird deterrent accessory easily attaches to the head of a Tempest or SKY to deter birds from perching on top of the device. Note: This is an optional accessory that most users will not normally need. It is only recommended if the installation is frequented by perching birds.

25 Likes

Just ordered 2. Birds won’t be happy!

2 Likes

Birds are like chipmunks… Little brains, but smart. They’ll figure out a way, probably by building a platform on top of the spikes :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If those spikes are metal, you could ground every other one and apply a voltage the all the others. A couple jolts and that might warn them off.

7 Likes

Ordered two within an hour of announcement…

2 Likes

I was going to order ten but decided to wait for code name ‘Pro Hub’ and buy it instead.

2 Likes

I was going to order 12 of the BDA’s, but that just seemed too greedy… :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s only when they are free.

There was a 100% off discount code (*) in the original Pro Hub announcement that you apparently missed! :laughing:

(*) There is no 100% off discount code. It’s a joke…

3 Likes

Yeah, they fixed that little issue.

1 Like

Sigh. Of course this would be announced less than 24 hours after I ordered the third part crown. :frowning: This looks like a rubber band type attachment?

2 Likes

I just received a shipping notification!!!

2 Likes

That was fast, I see I received my notification a half-hour ago so about the same time as yours.

3 Likes

I wonder how expensive shipping will be for non U.S. customers.

You could go through the ordering process and just not click on the final buy button to find out.

1 Like

Wouldn’t know, it refuses to ship to the UK. Sigh.

1 Like

Just connect them to a (cough) Twitter feed and they’ll burn up on something eventually.

4 Likes

Ordered two for my Tempests with the Field Tester discount. Booya!

2 Likes

boom ordered! This will hopefully be a good deterrence

1 Like

Birds go bye-bye… or maybe they’ll dive bomb with a poop. Time will tell :slight_smile:

3 Likes