Photos of Tempest Installations :tempest:

I hear that. My daughter is not too far from Mineral Wells area.

tweatherman

Looks like a lot of growth down there in recent years; nice area.

tweatherman

Yeah, pretty crazy how many people have moved here. We’re fortunate to still have an area of trees and brush near us.

I see mention of vinyl wrapped wood closet rods as mounting posts. I just went to the Lowes site and do not find that item. Am I missing something. Anybody got a link to the product that they actually used?

Thanks in advance.

Here is a wood rod on Home Depot’s website. That is where I purchased the vinyl wrapped poles I use. I’m not sure why they aren’t listed anymore.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-96-in-W-Natural-Oak-Heavy-Duty-Wood-Stainable-Closet-Rods-65430/300722708

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, I found that one and another but no vinyl wrapped version. Maybe they have them in the store. I might check.

When I bought mine I just went to the store. I had to search for a straight one. There were several for going around corners. :grin:

Lowes doesn’t carry them but Home Depot does. See my post here for a link:

1 Like

BTW, the vinyl wrap makes the pole just enough larger in diameter to make it very difficult to install the pole mount. It will fit with a little work.

1 Like

I moved my site this morning - nearby oak tree was beginning to impact both wind and rainfall. Here is the new location.

9 Likes

There are so many posts in this thread. Anybody got any links showing the cable arrangement for the power booster? How they attached it over the length of their taller poles?

Thanks in advance.

zip ties are the usual answer…

2 Likes

Here is one I just installed at my church.

8 Likes

Heavenly well done. Had to say it. Sorry.

3 Likes

amen to that, what else ? :innocent:

4 Likes

Happy birthday to Eric!!!

Okay, dielectric grease applied. Pole mounted - ten foot antenna mast i had just lying around.

But what have you folks done with all the extra wire from station to battery compartment? I probably have at least ten feet more than needed. Just coil it up?

Thanks.

Yes, just like I did in the photo I shared earlier. For a round pole, just zip tie the coil so it doesn’t fall apart and zip tie that to the pole. If you put the loop above the battery box, make sure there is a drip loop under it so water doesn’t just flow down to the connector.

3 Likes

Aha. Looking at the photo the other day, I noticed that “shield” but until you pointed it out and I magnified it, I did not realize it was coiled wire.

Thanks.

Thankfully, the pacific northWET is having some dry weather so I can tweak more tomorrow.

In any event I may have to take it down since I realized when coming back inside about an hour later, I forgot to install the Bird Dissuader! :rofl:

1 Like

Here’s how I set up the Tempest in my yard. I used a fence post that has nubbins and then used hose clamps to attach an antenna mast to that fence post. Seems pretty sturdy. I did neglect to attach the bird deflector so might have to redo the setup. I still have to coil the wire and hang the battery compartment near the bottom.

2 Likes