WeatherFlow PiConsole - Archive

Then something is screwy with the installer (as you posted earlier) - it runs, does its thing, and then ends with the help screen. The wfpiconsole executable/script is nowhere to be found on the system.

Can you share the full output from your terminal? Also, is there a file called errorLog left behind in the wfpiconsole directory? If so, what is its content? The installer hasn’t changed for months, so I’m not sure what the problem is.

Unfortunately I am also away from home at the moment so I can’t test it myself

Hi Peter, thanks for all the work, been a great console so far. Mine stopped updating though about a week ago. It worked great for a few weeks without touching it but now it says my station is offline. I updated to 3.8 and that didn’t change anything. I had to re-enter my token, I am about 99% sure I did it right. I noticed the clock on the console updates once every minute or so, at what seems like random intervals. The keyboard only works some of the time, it’s like the system is slow. I’ve tried quite a few reboots, same behavior every time. Have any clue what this could be?

Hi @robwohld37, sorry you have been having issues. It’s hard to immediately identify what the problem might be. Can you share your station ID and the output that you see printed to the terminal or the contents of the wfpiconsole.log file? That might give us a hint as to what is happening.

It’s concerning to hear that the clock is only updating every now and again. Most of the time that users report the console as “frozen” the clock is still ticking normally and it is just that the flow of data has stopped. For the clock to also be frozen there must be something else going on in the background. What model of Raspberry Pi are you using, and do you have anything else running on that Pi? Is it possible that the Pi itself is getting overloaded?

I would be interested how you added the indoor temp. Figure I could add a temp probe to the pi but don’t know how to integrate it with the console.

Thanks,
Randy

1 Like

I ran the update to 3.8, but after starting the screen is frozen, i.e, no WX data shows (I confirmed the Station ID & Device IDs were correct in .ini), the clock is frozen, and I cannot get to “Menu” by touching, nor with a mouse.
After awhile, it quits all together, and I see the following in the terminal wndow:
pi@RaspberryPiOffice:~ $ wfpiconsole start
[INFO ] [Logger ] Record log in /home/pi/.kivy/logs/kivy_20-09-20_6.txt
[INFO ] [Kivy ] v1.11.1
[INFO ] [Kivy ] Installed at “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/kivy/init.py”
[INFO ] [Python ] v3.7.3 (default, Jul 25 2020, 13:03:44)
[GCC 8.3.0]
[INFO ] [Python ] Interpreter at “/usr/bin/python3”
[INFO ] [Factory ] 184 symbols loaded
[INFO ] [Image ] Providers: img_tex, img_dds, img_sdl2, img_pil, img_gif (img_ffpyplayer ignored)
[INFO ] [Window ] Provider: sdl2([‘window_egl_rpi’] ignored)
[INFO ] [GL ] Using the “OpenGL ES 2” graphics system
[INFO ] [GL ] Backend used
[INFO ] [GL ] OpenGL version <b’2.1 Mesa 19.3.2’>
[INFO ] [GL ] OpenGL vendor <b’Broadcom’>
[INFO ] [GL ] OpenGL renderer <b’V3D 4.2’>
[INFO ] [GL ] OpenGL parsed version: 2, 1
[INFO ] [GL ] Shading version <b’1.20’>
[INFO ] [GL ] Texture max size <4096>
[INFO ] [GL ] Texture max units <16>
[INFO ] [Window ] auto add sdl2 input provider
[INFO ] [Window ] virtual keyboard not allowed, single mode, not docked
[INFO ] [Text ] Provider: sdl2([‘text_pango’] ignored)
2020-09-20 19:28:03+0100 [-] Log opened.
2020-09-20 19:28:04+0100 [-] Starting factory <main.WeatherFlowClientFactory object at 0xaced3410>
[INFO ] [ProbeSysfs ] device match: /dev/input/event0
[INFO ] [MTD ] Read event from </dev/input/event0>
[INFO ] [ProbeSysfs ] device match: /dev/input/event0
[INFO ] [HIDInput ] Read event from </dev/input/event0>
[INFO ] [Base ] Start application main loop
[INFO ] [Support ] Starting twisted reactor
[INFO ] [HIDMotionEvent] using
[INFO ] [MTD ] </dev/input/event0> range position X is 0 - 799
[INFO ] [MTD ] </dev/input/event0> range position Y is 0 - 479
[INFO ] [HIDMotionEvent] range ABS X position is 0 - 799
[INFO ] [MTD ] </dev/input/event0> range touch major is 0 - 0
[INFO ] [HIDMotionEvent] range ABS Y position is 0 - 479
[INFO ] [MTD ] </dev/input/event0> range touch minor is 0 - 0
[INFO ] [HIDMotionEvent] range position X is 0 - 799
[INFO ] [MTD ] </dev/input/event0> range pressure is 0 - 255
[INFO ] [HIDMotionEvent] range position Y is 0 - 479
[INFO ] [MTD ] </dev/input/event0> axes invertion: X is 0, Y is 0
[INFO ] [MTD ] </dev/input/event0> rotation set to 0
[INFO ] [GL ] NPOT texture support is available
2020-09-20 19:28:05+0100 [-] Websocket connection open
2020-09-20 19:28:05+0100 [WeatherFlowClientProtocol (TLSMemoryBIOProtocol),client] Unknown message type: {“status_code”: 5, “status_message”: “AUTHORIZATION_REQUIRED - Rate limit exceed or your API Key or Oauth2 Access Token missing”}
2020-09-20 19:28:05+0100 [WeatherFlowClientProtocol (TLSMemoryBIOProtocol),client] Waiting 60 seconds to restart Websocket connection
[INFO ] [Base ] Leaving application in progress…
[INFO ] [Support ] Stopping twisted threads
[INFO ] [Support ] Shutting down twisted reactor
[INFO ] [WindowSDL ] exiting mainloop and closing.

Suggestions?

this makes me think your token is not correct. Did you generate your private token ?

Exactly as @eric said - you need to make sure your private access token is correct. If you skipped v3.7, you may have missed these instructions:

I entered the Token when I upgraded to 3.7.

I just looked at the .ini file and the token is correct. But, since I updated to 3.7, I updated the WFPi Console at my son’s house (he got my old Sky), and created another Token for him, because it hiccupped when I entered my original…

I tried the Token created for my son’s and got “Key Error”.

I deleted my 0riginal Token, and created a new one for me; no joy got “Key Error”.

2020-09-20 21:59:38+0100 [-] File “/usr/lib/python3.7/configparser.py”, line 1251, in getitem
2020-09-20 21:59:38+0100 [-] raise KeyError(key)
2020-09-20 21:59:38+0100 [-] KeyError: ‘WeathFlowToken’

I’ve triple checked the entry.

Thoughts?

It looks like something has got a little bit confused. In the .ini file, under the [keys] section, there should be an entry called WeathFlowToken, and this entry should be set equal to your personal access token. It looks like from the error you shared that the WeathFlowToken entry is missing. You can either edit the .ini file directly to add this entry back in, or delete the .ini file completely and then generate a new one by restarting the console. This is probably the preferred route, but just make sure you take a note of of your keys before you delete the file.

Bingo!

I must have made a clumsy edit the first time in the .ini; I was missing the WeathFlowToken, and some how put my Token in the CheckWX field.

Edited .ini. and all’s right with the world.

BTW, the console was very handy while we weathered Sally. I tethered the Hub to a HotSpot and Battery backup after we lost power to stay online for the entire time. I was also pleased, despite evidence of tornadic activity in my front yard, the Tempest stayed on my 20ft pole out back!

Thanks again for guiding me straight.

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for quick response. Turns out my issue was same as mododah. The time was updating every 60 seconds corresponding with the app checking the token again. Why my good token quit working all of a sudden is another story I guess. I deleted the old one, generated a new, and now it works. This is a new Pi4, it’s only job is this, so it definitely isn’t overloaded. All works now though!

1 Like

To start, I know how to follow direction with RaspPi, but I am having problems installing this. I have RaspPi installed on an old laptop and I am pretty sure I am running a 32 bit version? Here are my version outputs:

pi@raspberryWeather:~ $ cat /etc/debian_version
pi@raspberryWeather:~ $ cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="10"
VERSION="10 (buster)"
VERSION_CODENAME=buster
ID=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/"
pi@raspberryWeather:~ $ uname -a
Linux raspberryWeather 4.19.0-10-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 4.19.132-1 (2020-07-24) i686 GNU/Linux
pi@raspberryWeather:~ $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 13
model name	: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor         1.50GHz
stepping	: 8
microcode	: 0x20
cpu MHz		: 1496.288
cache size	: 1024 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 1
core id		: 0
cpu cores	: 1
apicid		: 0
initial apicid	: 0
fdiv_bug	: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 2
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx bts cpuid pti
bugs		: cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass l1tf mds swapgs itlb_multihit
bogomips	: 2992.57
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 64
address sizes	: 32 bits physical, 32 bits virtual
power management:

**And here is my error when I try to install Weatherflow PiConsole.  1st error is with "bash" and end, other is without the "bash":**

pi@raspberryWeather:~ $ curl -sSL https://peted-davis.github.io/wfpiconsole | bash

[✓] Root user check passed

================================
  Installing WeatherFlow PiConsole
  ================================

[✗] Raspberry Pi not found. Hardware check failed
pi@raspberryWeather:~ $ curl -sSL https://peted-davis.github.io/wfpiconsole
#!/usr/bin/env bash

# Install wrapper for the WeatherFlow PiConsole. Modified from the PiHole 
# installer. Copyright (C) 2018-2019 Peter Davis

# This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
# the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
# Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later
# version.

# This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
# ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
# FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU General Public License for more
# details.

# You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
# this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

# DEFINE SCRIPT PREAMBLE
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# -e option instructs bash to immediately exit if any command [1] has a non-zero 
# exit status.
set -e

# Define installer colors
if [[ -f "${coltable}" ]]; then
    source ${coltable}
else
    COL_NC='\e[0m'
    COL_LIGHT_GREEN='\e[1;32m'
    COL_LIGHT_RED='\e[1;31m'
    TICK="[${COL_LIGHT_GREEN}✓${COL_NC}]"
    CROSS="[${COL_LIGHT_RED}✗${COL_NC}]"
    INFO="[i]"
    DONE="${COL_LIGHT_GREEN} done!${COL_NC}"
    OVER="\\r\\033[K"
fi

# CHECK IF INPUT IS VALID COMMAND
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
isCommand() {
    command -v "$1" >/dev/null 2>&1
}

# USER MUST HAVE ROOT PRIVILEGES TO INSTALL THE WeatherFlow PiConsole
main() {

# Ensure sudo command is available and script can be elevated to root 
    # privileges
    if [[ ! -x "$(command -v sudo)" ]]; then
        printf "\\n"
        printf "  %bError: Unable to install the WeatherFlow PiConsole.\\n\\n%b" "${COL_LIGHT_RED}" "${COL_NC}"
        printf "  Root access is required to install the WeatherFlow PiConsole\\n"
        printf "  Please check the installer code for any concerns regarding this requirement\\n"
        printf "  The installer code can be found in the wfpiconsole.sh file in the Github repository\\n"
        printf "  Please install sudo and run this script again Pi\\n\\n"
        cleanUp
        exit 1
    fi

# Fetch install script from Github and run
    curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/peted-davis/WeatherFlow_PiConsole/master/wfpiconsole.sh | bash -s install
}

# RUN MAIN FUNCTION
main "$@"

pi@raspberryWeather:~ $ 

Is it even possible to run on this laptop running this version of RaspPi? Thanks

I also tried putting sudo in front of it with same results.

Hi @fritz614, it is possible to run the PiConsole on a laptop running Raspberry Pi OS, but it is not possible to use the one-line installer. The reason is that the underlying hardware on your laptop (Intel processor) is completely different to that in a Raspberry Pi (ARM processor). This means the installation method is completely different.

It is my intention to make the installer work with Linux (Debian based) running on PCs/Laptops, but I haven’t got around to it yet. In the meantime though, if you follow the messages starting at this thread, you should be able to manually install the PiConsole on your laptop. Note, you need to make sure your python version is between 3.5 and 3.7 (not 3.8), and as I have not tested this I can’t guarantee you won’t run into issues that need resolving.

1 Like

I checked and I am running version 3.7.3 Python. All was going good until I hit this step:

python3 -m pip install autobahn[twisted] pytz pyasn1-modules service_identity geopy ephem Cython numpy packaging

Then I get this error. (this is only a portion of it):

uilding wheels for collected packages: cryptography
Building wheel for cryptography (PEP 517) … error
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: /usr/bin/python3 /home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/_in_process.py build_wheel /tmp/tmpdxoyk8xo
cwd: /tmp/pip-install-sw3_1twb/cryptography
Complete output (137 lines):
running bdist_wheel
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7
creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography
copying src/cryptography/utils.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography
copying src/cryptography/about.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography
copying src/cryptography/fernet.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography
copying src/cryptography/exceptions.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography
copying src/cryptography/init.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography
creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
copying src/cryptography/x509/base.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
copying src/cryptography/x509/general_name.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
copying src/cryptography/x509/extensions.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
copying src/cryptography/x509/name.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
copying src/cryptography/x509/certificate_transparency.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
copying src/cryptography/x509/ocsp.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
copying src/cryptography/x509/init.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
copying src/cryptography/x509/oid.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat
copying src/cryptography/hazmat/_oid.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat
copying src/cryptography/hazmat/init.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat
copying src/cryptography/hazmat/_der.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat
creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends
copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/interfaces.py → build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends

OK, can you run

python3 -m pip install pyOpenSSL

first and then try and run

python3 -m pip install autobahn[twisted] pytz pyasn1-modules service_identity geopy ephem Cython numpy packaging

If it doesn’t work, please share the complete error trace

Hey is error in full after your new suggestion:

Building wheels for collected packages: cryptography
  Building wheel for cryptography (PEP 517) ... error
   command: /usr/bin/python3 /home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pep517/_in_process.py build_wheel /tmp/tmpxjbxeroz
       cwd: /tmp/pip-install-28bpivlk/cryptography
  Complete output (137 lines):
  running bdist_wheel
  running build
  running build_py
  creating build
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography
  copying src/cryptography/utils.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography
  copying src/cryptography/__about__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography
  copying src/cryptography/fernet.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography
  copying src/cryptography/exceptions.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography
  copying src/cryptography/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
  copying src/cryptography/x509/base.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
  copying src/cryptography/x509/general_name.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
  copying src/cryptography/x509/extensions.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
  copying src/cryptography/x509/name.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
  copying src/cryptography/x509/certificate_transparency.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
  copying src/cryptography/x509/ocsp.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
  copying src/cryptography/x509/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
  copying src/cryptography/x509/oid.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/x509
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/_oid.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/_der.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/interfaces.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/poly1305.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/cmac.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/padding.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/hmac.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/constant_time.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/keywrap.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/hashes.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/bindings
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/bindings
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/x509.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/poly1305.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/utils.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/rsa.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/ec.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/backend.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/x25519.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/decode_asn1.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/cmac.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/x448.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/dh.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/dsa.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/ciphers.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/encode_asn1.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/hmac.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/ocsp.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/ed25519.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/ed448.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/hashes.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl/aead.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/backends/openssl
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/ciphers
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/ciphers/modes.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/ciphers
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/ciphers/algorithms.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/ciphers
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/ciphers/base.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/ciphers
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/ciphers/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/ciphers
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/ciphers/aead.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/ciphers
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/serialization
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/serialization/pkcs12.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/serialization
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/serialization/base.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/serialization
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/serialization/pkcs7.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/serialization
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/serialization/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/serialization
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/serialization/ssh.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/serialization
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf/kbkdf.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf/x963kdf.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf/hkdf.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf/pbkdf2.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf/concatkdf.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf/scrypt.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/kdf
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/twofactor
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/twofactor/utils.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/twofactor
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/twofactor/totp.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/twofactor
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/twofactor/hotp.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/twofactor
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/twofactor/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/twofactor
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/utils.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/rsa.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/ec.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/x25519.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/x448.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/dh.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/dsa.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/padding.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/ed25519.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/ed448.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/_conditional.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl
  copying src/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl
  running egg_info
  writing src/cryptography.egg-info/PKG-INFO
  writing dependency_links to src/cryptography.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
  writing requirements to src/cryptography.egg-info/requires.txt
  writing top-level names to src/cryptography.egg-info/top_level.txt
  reading manifest file 'src/cryptography.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
  reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
  no previously-included directories found matching 'docs/_build'
  warning: no previously-included files found matching 'vectors'
  warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under directory 'vectors'
  warning: no previously-included files found matching '.travis.yml'
  warning: no previously-included files found matching '.travis'
  warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under directory '.travis'
  warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under directory '.github'
  warning: no previously-included files found matching 'release.py'
  warning: no previously-included files found matching '.coveragerc'
  warning: no previously-included files found matching 'codecov.yml'
  warning: no previously-included files found matching 'dev-requirements.txt'
  warning: no previously-included files found matching 'rtd-requirements.txt'
  warning: no previously-included files found matching 'tox.ini'
  warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under directory '.zuul.d'
  warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under directory '.zuul.playbooks'
  writing manifest file 'src/cryptography.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
  running build_ext
  generating cffi module 'build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/_padding.c'
  creating build/temp.linux-i686-3.7
  generating cffi module 'build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/_openssl.c'
  building '_openssl' extension
  creating build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/build
  creating build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/build/temp.linux-i686-3.7
  i686-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -g -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fPIC -I/usr/include/python3.7m -c build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/_openssl.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/_openssl.o -Wconversion -Wno-error=sign-conversion
  build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/_openssl.c:575:10: fatal error: openssl/opensslv.h: No such file or directory
   #include <openssl/opensslv.h>
            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  compilation terminated.
  error: command 'i686-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1
  ----------------------------------------
  ERROR: Failed building wheel for cryptography
Failed to build cryptography
ERROR: Could not build wheels for cryptography which use PEP 517 and cannot be installed directly

I was close with my first suggestion, but wasn’t quite there. I think this is the command you need to run first:

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

1 Like

OK, that worked ok, but now get error when installing kivy, looks like more error lines but not all showing in terminal. I also tried running some other commands that you suggested in the page you directed me to initially for laptop install:

pi@raspberryWeather:~ $ python3.7 -m pip install --upgrade pip
Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeable
Looking in indexes: https://pypi.org/simple, https://www.piwheels.org/simple
Requirement already up-to-date: pip in ./.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages (20.2.3)
pi@raspberryWeather:~ $ python3.7 -m pip install --upgrade pip
Requirement already up-to-date: pip in ./.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages (20.2.3)
pi@raspberryWeather:~ $ python3 -m pip install kivy
Collecting kivy
  Using cached Kivy-1.11.1.tar.gz (23.6 MB)
Requirement already satisfied: Kivy-Garden>=0.1.4 in ./.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages (from kivy) (0.1.4)
Requirement already satisfied: docutils in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (from kivy) (0.14)
Requirement already satisfied: pygments in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (from kivy) (2.3.1)
Requirement already satisfied: requests in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (from Kivy-Garden>=0.1.4->kivy) (2.21.0)
Building wheels for collected packages: kivy
  Building wheel for kivy (setup.py) ... error
   command: /usr/bin/python3 -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' bdist_wheel -d /tmp/pip-wheel-sg4d24_g
       cwd: /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/
  Complete output (601 lines):
  Using setuptools
  Using this graphics system: OpenGL
  WARNING: A problem occurred while running pkg-config --libs --cflags gstreamer-1.0 (code 1)

b"Package gstreamer-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.\nPerhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-1.0.pc'\nto the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable\nNo package 'gstreamer-1.0' found\n"

WARNING: A problem occurred while running pkg-config --libs --cflags sdl2 SDL2_ttf SDL2_image SDL2_mixer (code 1)

b"Package sdl2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.\nPerhaps you should add the directory containing `sdl2.pc'\nto the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable\nNo package 'sdl2' found\nPackage SDL2_ttf was not found in the pkg-config search path.\nPerhaps you should add the directory containing `SDL2_ttf.pc'\nto the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable\nNo package 'SDL2_ttf' found\nPackage SDL2_image was not found in the pkg-config search path.\nPerhaps you should add the directory containing `SDL2_image.pc'\nto the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable\nNo package 'SDL2_image' found\nPackage SDL2_mixer was not found in the pkg-config search path.\nPerhaps you should add the directory containing `SDL2_mixer.pc'\nto the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable\nNo package 'SDL2_mixer' found\n"

WARNING: A problem occurred while running pkg-config --libs --cflags pangoft2 (code 1)

b"Package pangoft2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.\nPerhaps you should add the directory containing `pangoft2.pc'\nto the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable\nNo package 'pangoft2' found\n"

ERROR: Dependency for context.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for compiler.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for context_instructions.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for fbo.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for gl_instructions.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for instructions.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for opengl.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for opengl_utils.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for shader.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for stencil_instructions.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for scissor_instructions.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for texture.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for vbo.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for vertex.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for vertex_instructions.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for cgl.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for cgl_mock.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for cgl_gl.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for cgl_glew.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for cgl_sdl2.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  ERROR: Dependency for svg.pyx not resolved: config.pxi
  fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
  running bdist_wheel
  running build
  running build_py
  creating build
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy

copying kivy/_clock.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy
  copying kivy/core/text/text_layout.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/core/text
  copying kivy/core/window/window_attrs.pxi -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/core/window
  copying kivy/core/window/window_info.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/core/window
  copying kivy/graphics/compiler.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/shader.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/context.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/stencil_instructions.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/fbo.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/tesselator.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/opengl_utils.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/svg.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/instructions.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/cgl.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/context_instructions.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/buffer.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/vbo.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/vertex_instructions.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/vertex.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/texture.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/transformation.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/opengl_utils_def.pxi -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/gl_debug_logger.pxi -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/img_tools.pxi -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/opcodes.pxi -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/common.pxi -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/memory.pxi -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  copying kivy/graphics/vertex_instructions_line.pxi -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/include
  copying kivy/include/gl_redirect.h -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/include
  copying kivy/include/common_subset.h -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/include
  copying kivy/include/khrplatform.h -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/include
  copying kivy/include/gl2platform.h -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/include
  copying kivy/lib/vidcore_lite/bcm.pxd -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/lib/vidcore_lite
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data
  copying kivy/data/style.kv -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data
  copying kivy/data/settings_kivy.json -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/fonts
  copying kivy/data/fonts/Roboto-BoldItalic.ttf -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/fonts
  copying kivy/data/fonts/Roboto-Regular.ttf -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/fonts
  copying kivy/data/fonts/Roboto-Bold.ttf -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/fonts
  copying kivy/data/fonts/RobotoMono-Regular.ttf -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/fonts
  copying kivy/data/fonts/Roboto-Italic.ttf -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/fonts
  copying kivy/data/fonts/DejaVuSans.ttf -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/fonts
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/images
  copying kivy/data/images/defaultshape.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/images
  copying kivy/data/images/defaulttheme-0.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/images
  copying kivy/data/images/cursor.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/images
  copying kivy/data/images/testpattern.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/images
  copying kivy/data/images/background.jpg -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/images
  copying kivy/data/images/image-loading.gif -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/images
  copying kivy/data/images/defaulttheme.atlas -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/images
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/keyboards
  copying kivy/data/keyboards/qwertz.json -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/keyboards
  copying kivy/data/keyboards/de_CH.json -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/keyboards
  copying kivy/data/keyboards/qwerty.json -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/keyboards
  copying kivy/data/keyboards/en_US.json -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/keyboards
  copying kivy/data/keyboards/fr_CH.json -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/keyboards
  copying kivy/data/keyboards/de.json -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/keyboards
  copying kivy/data/keyboards/azerty.json -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/keyboards
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/logo
  copying kivy/data/logo/kivy-icon-64.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/logo
  copying kivy/data/logo/kivy-icon-512.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/logo
  copying kivy/data/logo/kivy-icon-48.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/logo
  copying kivy/data/logo/kivy-icon-128.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/logo
  copying kivy/data/logo/kivy-icon-24.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/logo
  copying kivy/data/logo/kivy-icon-256.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/logo
  copying kivy/data/logo/kivy-icon-32.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/logo
  copying kivy/data/logo/kivy-icon-16.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/logo
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/glsl
  copying kivy/data/glsl/default.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/glsl
  copying kivy/data/glsl/header.vs -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/glsl
  copying kivy/data/glsl/default.vs -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/glsl
  copying kivy/data/glsl/header.fs -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/glsl
  copying kivy/data/glsl/default.fs -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/data/glsl
  copying kivy/tests/unicode_font.zip -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tests
  copying kivy/tests/unicode_files.zip -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tests
  copying kivy/tests/testkv.kv -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tests
  copying kivy/tests/test_button.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tests
  copying kivy/tests/sample1.ogg -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tests
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/gles_compat
  copying kivy/tools/gles_compat/gl2.h -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/gles_compat
  copying kivy/tools/gles_compat/subset_gles.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/gles_compat
  copying kivy/tools/highlight/kivy.vim -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/highlight
  copying kivy/tools/highlight/kivy-mode.el -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/highlight
  copying kivy/tools/highlight/kivy.json-tmlanguage -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/highlight
  copying kivy/tools/highlight/kivy.tmLanguage -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/highlight
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/pep8checker
  copying kivy/tools/pep8checker/pep8kivy.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/pep8checker
  copying kivy/tools/pep8checker/pre-commit.githook -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/pep8checker
  copying kivy/tools/pep8checker/pep8.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/pep8checker
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming
  creating build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/vkeyboard_disabled_key_down.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/checkbox_radio_off.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/switch-button.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/splitter.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/modalview-background.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/switch-background_disabled.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/splitter_down.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/spinner_pressed.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/spinner_disabled.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/splitter_disabled_h.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/textinput.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/textinput_disabled_active.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/audio-volume-medium.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/player-play-overlay.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/splitter_h.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/progressbar.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/vkeyboard_background.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/checkbox_radio_on.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/image-missing.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/action_item_down.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/sliderh_background.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/splitter_down_h.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/splitter_disabled_down.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/switch-button_disabled.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/progressbar_background.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/slider_cursor.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/filechooser_selected.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/action_group_down.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/tab.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/selector_left.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/filechooser_folder.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/checkbox_disabled_off.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/checkbox_radio_disabled_off.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/filechooser_file.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/sliderv_background.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/bubble_arrow.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/vkeyboard_disabled_background.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/sliderv_background_disabled.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/vkeyboard_key_down.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/tree_closed.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/action_bar.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/slider_cursor_disabled.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/media-playback-start.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/sliderh_background_disabled.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/separator.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/overflow.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/vkeyboard_key_normal.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/selector_middle.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/audio-volume-muted.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/splitter_grip.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/bubble.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/splitter_disabled.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/action_view.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/close.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/tab_btn_pressed.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/tab_btn_disabled.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/button_pressed.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/button_disabled_pressed.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/button_disabled.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/bubble_btn.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/vkeyboard_disabled_key_normal.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/action_group_disabled.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/splitter_disabled_down_h.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/selector_right.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/player-background.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/media-playback-stop.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/tab_btn.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/checkbox_radio_disabled_on.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/button.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/checkbox_off.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/spinner.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/checkbox_disabled_on.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/ring.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/textinput_active.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/tab_disabled.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/action_group.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/switch-background.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/splitter_grip_h.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/tree_opened.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/audio-volume-high.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/previous_normal.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/audio-volume-low.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/bubble_btn_pressed.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/tab_btn_disabled_pressed.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/action_item.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/checkbox_on.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/textinput_disabled.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  copying kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme/media-playback-pause.png -> build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/tools/theming/defaulttheme
  running build_ext
  Build configuration is:
   * use_rpi = 0
   * use_egl = 0
   * use_opengl_es2 = 0
   * use_opengl_mock = 0
   * use_sdl2 = 0
   * use_pangoft2 = 0
   * use_ios = 0
   * use_android = 0
   * use_mesagl = 0
   * use_x11 = 0
   * use_wayland = 0
   * use_gstreamer = 0
   * use_avfoundation = 0
   * use_osx_frameworks = 0
   * debug_gl = 0
   * debug = False
  Updated build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/include/config.h
  Updated /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/include/config.h
  Updated build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/include/config.pxi
  Updated /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/include/config.pxi
  Updated build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/setupconfig.py
  Updated /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/setupconfig.py
  Detected compiler is unix
  cythoning /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/_event.pyx to /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/_event.c
   /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/.eggs/Cython-0.29.10-py3.7-linux-i686.egg/Cython/Compiler/Main.py:367: FutureWarning: Cython directive 'language_level' not set, using 2 for now (Py2). This will change in a later release! File: /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/_event.pxd
     tree = Parsing.p_module(s, pxd, full_module_name)
  building 'kivy._event' extension
  creating build/temp.linux-i686-3.7
  creating build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/tmp
  creating build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0
  creating build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy
  creating build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy
  i686-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -g -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fPIC -I/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/include -I/usr/include/python3.7m -c /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/_event.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/_event.o

cythoning /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/graphics/buffer.pyx to /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/graphics/buffer.c
   /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/.eggs/Cython-0.29.10-py3.7-linux-i686.egg/Cython/Compiler/Main.py:367: FutureWarning: Cython directive 'language_level' not set, using 2 for now (Py2). This will change in a later release! File: /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/graphics/buffer.pxd
  building 'kivy.graphics.buffer' extension
  creating build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/graphics
  i686-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -g -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fPIC -I/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/include -I/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/include -I/usr/include/python3.7m -c /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/graphics/buffer.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/graphics/buffer.o
  i686-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -shared -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,relro -g -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/graphics/buffer.o -o build/lib.linux-i686-3.7/kivy/graphics/buffer.cpython-37m-i386-linux-gnu.so -lm
  cythoning /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/graphics/context.pyx to /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/graphics/context.c
   /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/.eggs/Cython-0.29.10-py3.7-linux-i686.egg/Cython/Compiler/Main.py:367: FutureWarning: Cython directive 'language_level' not set, using 2 for now (Py2). This will change in a later release! File: /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/graphics/context.pxd
  building 'kivy.graphics.context' extension
  i686-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -g -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fPIC -I/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/include -I/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/include -I/usr/include/python3.7m -c /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/graphics/context.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-3.7/tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/graphics/context.o
  In file included from /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/graphics/context.c:599:
  /tmp/pip-install-cytaanl0/kivy/kivy/include/gl_redirect.h:72:13: fatal error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory
   #   include <GL/gl.h>
               ^~~~~~~~~
  compilation terminated.
   error: command 'i686-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1
  ----------------------------------------
  ERROR: Failed building wheel for kivy

That looks like some serious errors! I think the problem is that some of the Kivy dependencies are missing. Try running

sudo apt-get install git ffmpeg libsdl2-dev libsdl2-image-dev libsdl2-mixer-dev libsdl2-ttf-dev libportmidi-dev libswscale-dev libavformat-dev libavcodec-dev zlib1g-dev libgstreamer1.0 gstreamer1.0-plugins-base gstreamer1.0-plugins-good

Then try installing Kivy again with python3 -m pip install kivy.

If this doesn’t work I think I will need to look into this more. I might have some time to do this tonight