Will the hub work without Internet?

Just testing this again at home now and found an interesting issue I hadn’t seen in earlier remote testing. It works with my iPhone but doesn’t work very well with my iPads.

1 iPad running iOS 9.3.5 wf iOS app 1.97, 1 with 11.2.1 wf iOS app 1.974, and an iPhone 11.2.6 wf iOS 1.97.

iPhone connects to HUB fine with no internet (home internet off, airplane mode but BLE forced on), shows live data, and allows access to live data graphs… just like my earlier remote testing results.
iPad will only “stay connected” in BLE mode upon removal of home internet, and trying to access any live graph causes the screen to freeze and the app usually auto closes resulting in HUB going red light. No reconnection after that unless I restart internet and re-enter BLE mode first.

I’ll keep trying scenarios as time permits.

1 Like

No. It only removes the application from background use.

I’ll test this and let you know.

One more note. I’ve been in contact with others. Some on Android and some on Apple. It seems this particular issue ‘may’ be limited to Android.

@bpaauwe I just tested. If Internet is lost during application connection with Bluetooth, the application continues to receive data

Thanks for all of this excellent troubleshooting and testing, folks. We have a new firmware build that’s just about ready to roll out. It addresses the issue of the Hub not sending UDP data when the Internet goes down, and several other issues related to internet outage (like backfill).

We have also been able to reproduce the issue @GaryFunk reports of needing internet to use the Android app. We have that bug on the list now. (This does appear to be limited to Android as we have not been able to reproduce the issue with an iOS device.)

3 Likes

UDP data is now being sent by the Hub when no Wi-Fi is present. Fixed in Hub firmware 43.

5 Likes