Coming Soon: New & Improved Tempest App

Terrible new colour scheme. Signicant contrast issues in light mode. Widget and other locations nice additions but the choice of color scheme overshadows these additions. Smartmixin (or even the slow WU) will be my goto app from now on.

4 Likes

The new colour scheme is terrible and much harder to read than the previous scheme. A high contrast option would be good to have or even better make the colours user selectable.

6 Likes

From the homepage, tap the arrow next to your station. From there, tap the + icon and you can search different locations and add them to your list.

I really like the new purple theme.

7 Likes

Purple - sad, depressed looking
Blue (Classic) - light, airy, like a clear blue sky
Color scheme options would be best - Classic, Purple, maybe others. Or user custom selections. This color scheme change was a poor design decision to force on everyone.

4 Likes

The forecast anywhere comes in handy. The forecasts are pretty solid and itā€™s nice to be able to see what conditions will be like away from home. The purple theme is a big change, but perhaps it will just take some adjustment.

2 Likes

Make sure your Tempest app is updated to the new version. Then on Android, press and hold your home screen. An option for widgets should come up, and you can scroll down until you see the Tempest widgets. Press and hold one and scroll it to where you want it on your screen

Not crazy about the new color scheme, but the other improvements are awesome. Particularly love the new Watch capabilities, both the Watch app and the complications. Really solid update that expands Tempestā€™s capabilities significantly.

4 Likes

I have to agree with the majority here. I am also not a fan of the purple

5 Likes

why is everyone soo amused by the new color? How about we fix things like having many owner requests filled. Like the monthly precip, having dewpoint and real feel on the main cards, bringing back the map etc. This isnā€™t an update its just allowing the user to get a different color skin and a different location. big deal. I care about my location not across the country. lol

@pcapaccio They did add monthly precipitation. Tap on History in the bottom center of the app. There you can select to see daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, all time data for a wide variety of things. That is a great added feature.

Definitely not liking the purple. And what happened to the station/cloud icon in the upper right on my iPhone(using browser of web app). I canā€™t switch views any longer on my phone.

Strangely the icon still appears on the iPad.

2 Likes

Instead of the cloud icon, there is a ā€œ<ā€ in the top left that does the same thing. Confused me when I didnā€™t see the could at first too.

There is no < in the upper left. Just a > in upper right, just takes me to the store to buy a tempest.

Werenā€™t you logged out in browser ?

Go back to https://tempestwx.com and log in.

Or are you on a location (not your station) ? If so you canā€™t jump directly to your station detailed page, first choose your station and from there youā€™ll have the Tempest icon again.

Why do I need to log in? Itā€™s not a browser it a web app. The link saves to Home Screen. Iā€™m not logged in. Itā€™s a link I share with friends a family, And behaves the same in a browser (no login required just to view a station). It use to function just fine, for me and my friends, And sharing out stations. Regardless, itā€™s definitely not working as it did previously.

Tap on the current temp to get to the details page.

And how do I get back? Icon is there on an IPad, definitively one of the devs dropped the ball.

Hit the back button in your browser to go back.

A bit clunky, they need to fix that.

Itā€™s NOT a browser, itā€™s a web app. There is no url bar or fwd/backk buttons. Clearly youā€™re not using an iPhone, nor was it tested on an iPhone.

Since I canā€™t add more than 3 posts to the same topic, according to the community rules, Iā€™ll continue hereā€¦

When you save a url from safari to Home Screen, some web sites save as web apps, when you launch them from the Home Screen they load as a self contained app, not in a browser.