Coming Soon: New & Improved Tempest App

Excuse me??? I am using an iphone. What do you mean by web app?

Tap on Weather in the top left corner to go back to the main screen.

You’re welcome.

Eric,

It’s working now. I went back in and it’s showing up. Already linked to WeatherUnderground. Thanks so much! I love the station. Was hearing thunder while sitting it up (but it was far) and already have logged over 1,000 strikes in the area.

I am a long time Ham Radio Operator (35 years) and always loved weather. This is the best weather gadget by far! I write for Apple World Today and might write an article about how well it works with and looks on Apple Products.

Marty Edwards

2 Likes

Really don’t care for the new colors. I know this is petty, but I’m monitoring weather where the sky is blue and the clouds are white/gray. A purple theme makes no sense. Because this application is web based I should be able to pick a theme with classic being an option.

2 Likes

Thanks for another update! I’m also not so keen on the purple but it’s not so bad in dark mode, which I usually use. A bigger choice of colour schemes, including “Classic” would be nice.

The Apple Watch app and widgets addition is very welcome. The only thing I’d like to see in the Watch app is max and min data with timestamp - there is room for this info in the tiles.

Regards to all,

Simon

2 Likes

What watches does it work with

Writer must be a Prince fan.

2 Likes

Currently it works only on Apple Watches.

Love my Tempest, love the app. Hate the new colors. I liked the blue much better than this purple stuff.

1 Like

That’s just false.

Here are the updates:

Bring back old app, and spend more time on a tempest firmware updates than color refresh in the app

1 Like

How often does the widget update? Because it doesn’t seem to update at all. Even when I click on it to open the app to get the updated temp.

What needs to be updated in the firmware? All the Tempest sensors I have/oversee have been working just fine for months. Also, the color change was only one of many changes in the app. Have you not seen them?

2 Likes

Firmware has been rock solid, as of right now I am going on a year of uptime with no issues on the unit.

3 Likes

I like the new color. Nearly every other smart home product is blue.

But I’m currently on Android and the widgets won’t update.

1 Like

Hi @timm. We have fixed an issue that may have resulted in your icon not showing up. Please let us know if you have any more issues.

@theonuts What platform are you on? iOS or Android?

Both platforms have limitations set by Apple and Google. Apple has a budget in place so we can only ask to refresh about 4 or 5 times an hour and I believe Google is similar.

Is the widget of a hardware station, your current location, or a saved arbitrary location?

It’s Android. And yeah I know it won’t update minute by minute, but it’s off by 4-5 degrees which takes time. This morning I woke up and it was still showing 102 degrees from the day before when it was actually about 84 outside. And the widget is for my station in my yard. Although it does seem to match what shows in the app sometime, it seems to be random.

How do we get back a legible “light” mode? This new dark on dark on dark provides no light and contrast to actually read the content. A plum color scheme is fine, but this isn’t the way forward. There needs to be brightness in order to actually read things. Like these forums, which are extremely legible.

So in looking at it today, my weather station widget is updating, but it seems to be taking forever to do so. I also added a location widget this morning and it hasn’t updated since it was added. It shows 68 when it’s now 85 degrees.