New Product: Bird Deterrent Accessory

I think that SS wire would be better to accommodate the various climates these units might be placed in. If I see that small birds still land on mine and/or shadows appear to be an issue, I’ll probably try some smaller wire.

1 Like

The Bird Deterrent Accessory installed on both Tempest Field Test and Tempest Production units. Installation was a breeze. Both Tempests are looking great and back on their mounts. The only feature I can think of that would make the Bird Deterrent Accessory better is if @WFstaff made the rubber out of glow-in-the-dark material! How awesome would that be to see the Bird Deterrent Accessory glowing at night after all day in the sun? Maybe in version 2? I want credit for this idea. hehe :laughing:

11 Likes

There would have to be a non-glow in the dark version too for our customers in HOA neighborhoods. Glow in the dark bird deterrent? A weather what? Violation!

8 Likes

HOAs always take the “fun” out of weather stations. :pensive:

5 Likes

2" over regulation… cranks up chainsaw!

4 Likes

You should have been there to see the fun that I had with a Port Orange, FL building inspector back in the day. Taunting code enforcement officials used to be entertainment in my family…

2 Likes

Um, just wondering how many birds you have in your kitchen :). Lol

3 Likes

K.J. Take another picture like the one you have above…only turn the Tempest Field Test Unit around…especially if yours is like mine… where the marker and the logo were not colored blue. That way others can see what the beta pre-production looked like (without the blue on it.)

1 Like

:rofl: Thankfully none. Haha

@storm_tracker My Tempest Field Test unit has the blue WeatherFlow logo. My first Field Test unit did not like yours as it was part of the 7700 series run. It had the issue that I discovered with the light sensor. My replacement and current Field Test unit is part of the 0500 series run.

Here is a photo of the North view before the Bird Deterrent Accessories were installed.

1 Like

Installed one for the station at Raleigh’s Place in Clanton, AL. My installation doesn’t look as smooth as @KJ.Davis My goal was to be absolutely sure that I didn’t cover the isolator or the wind gap.

2 Likes

If anything, you could put marshmallows on the end of those spikes and toast them over that stove.

4 Likes

@cotedan The Stay Puft Marshmallow Roaster!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: How is the forecast derived?

Well, that worked for about 24 hours. :wink:

14 Likes

“I feel so comfy here nice and protected in my defensive lair”

(hilarious photo)

7 Likes

Oh for corn sakes! Who would-a Thunk it?

1 Like

Are you able to bend the spikes more?

@jameslfranklin

angry-birds-2-3

Yep, those Angry Birds are winning again.

4 Likes

Bird must think it’s a protective cage :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is the perfect photo for nature over machine.