Newer Tempest has flatlined lol

My one year old tempest has suddenly stopped uploading data to my iOS app (on iPhone and iPad).
Wondering what to do? Unplugged it, relaunched app. WiFi connection good. Battery looks solid.
Included some info. Feel free to push a firmware update.

Had to send these separate. New user
-dave

try rebooting the tempest. Button at the bottom of the device. If that doesn’t work, contact support.

Here is the problem.

Looks like multiple sensor failures. Do as @sunny said and power cycle the Tempest Sensor with the switch on the bottom.

3 Likes

Indoor unit or outdoor?

Outdoor unit needs a power cycle.

1 Like

The indoor unit is called the Hub, the outdoor unit is the Tempest Sensor, together, and with the WeatherFlow backend stuff, makes up a Tempest weather station. The screen shot I showed was of the sensor.

1 Like

His HB device is up and running just fine. The Tempest sensor tried to come up 2 hrs ago. . .but is still having a difficulty of some sort. Suggest @dvdmw opens a ticket with t° Support (link at top under SUPPORT then pull down to “Open a ticket”)

2 Likes

I’m a little slow. So you’re saying there’s a button on the bottom of the outdoor unit? The sensor. Can you be specific? I can climb up there but I don’t see any button on any tempest product pics or manual.
Thanks again all

You’d have to climb up and remove the Tempest from the Pole Mount. Then look at the Underneath of the Tempest. . .it looks like this: The button is clear. . .With the Switch pushed to ON. . .Push the clear button to see if it shows a Green Flashing LED. If not. . .try again. . .Push and Hold for about 5 seconds to see if it responds. When it is Pairing-mode with the Hub…the Green LED (as seen through the button) will Flash indicating that it is waiting for the next step in the Pairing Process. If you do not see any Green LED showing up what-so-ever through the button by pushing it. . .then there may still be an issue which warrants Support intervention.

Footnote: As suggested earlier. . .switch Tempest to OFF temporarily. . .then switch back ON. IF there is a Flashing RED LED instead of a Green LED. . .that means there is /are sensor Failures as @gizmoev discovered earlier on.

5 Likes

This^^^^. Thank you, thank, thank you.

That worked! Toggled switch on base of outdoor unit and immediately I started receiving data again. Thanks everyone!!!

3 Likes