Poor customer service?

This company is the most arrogant company I’ve ever worked with. I put in a technical support request because I was standing outside, it was raining, and my Tempest weather station indicated “no rain “. The response I received was, all the other tempest weather stations reported similarly. There is nothing wrong with my weather station. As if I made it up to waste my time troubleshooting. Attacking their customers integrity without even as much as a phone call.

Unfortunately, inaccurate rain detection has been a problem for years. If you search the Tempest Owner forum for “rain”, you will find complaints going back to 2020.

This is the latest reply I received from support on the same problem: “The problem is that when the rain droplets are too light, they won’t cause vibrations that the sensors can detect. Light rain is approximately 0.03 to 0.04 inches per hour or less.”

I returned my station because of this problem.

Thanks for the response, I would have been happy with an explanation like that, but their response was, there is nothing wrong with the product dismissing my concern, and he finished with , after insulting my intelligence, happy to look into it more. Perhaps I overreacted a bit but it struck me wrong. additionally, it worked fine the first day it was installed, it picked up light rain and moderate rain, I was loving it. What unit did you eventually go with?

I returned mine just today, so I haven’t gotten a new device. I may just do without. I’m really not sure I need a weather station.