Voice Announcements

How about adding a voice on the app or windows that will announce weather conditions on the hour or however you set it up. AI Generated or something like that? For Example like Severe Storm Approaching your area, lighting strikes, hourly forecast…

1 Like

I like that idea. I am making a home and weather monitor with tempest integration, and I have an AI base… maybe I’ll try something like that.

I would love to see that! Have it on the app also! Sends Voice Alerts or something like that!

1 Like

My app is doing OK so far… You can see it here:

@captainjackfan53
You can contribute HTML stuff if you want or are into web dev at all. We can collab. I’ll put some files on there soon.

To Be Totally Honest I Am Not Much Into HTML or Coding Anymore It Has Been Years But I would love to see what you can develope this was just some ideas I was thinking of is all!

1 Like

No problem! If you know any web devs who might be interested, let them know. :slight_smile: Some help would be nice.

If i Happen To Come Across Some I Sure Will.

1 Like

Hi Best,
Your weather monitor sounds interesting which makes me curious. I am a dummy when it comes to AI. What do you mean that you have an AI base and what is your purpose for using ‘artificial intelligence’ compared to ‘natural intelligence’?
sorry @captainjackfan53 for hijacking your feature request towards AI. I assume the AI is associated with possible voice announcements which you are interested in.
cheers Ian :slight_smile:

1 Like

No Ian you did not hijack my idea it’s ok. No natural intelligence is just fine. I guess I like the feature that the tempest stations can basicly talk to each other from all over the world to gather weather information? Correct me if I am wrong. I just thought that adding a voice feature to notify owners or users of the app or windows etc. when a storm in the area of the station is approaching or lightening, severe weather announcements and so on you catch my drift. Just a thought for an improved feature. I agree AI must be kept under control and used for good purposes for sure. We don’t need any Terminators. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@captainjackfan53 @iladyman

It is actually a simple natural language processing model I made for voice commands. I use the National Weather Service API for weather alerts, but I may use the tempest API soon, too.
The “AI” is perfectly safe, as it only responds to preset commands, such as “Hey [Name], Tell me tomorrow’s forecast”.

The whole thing is still in development, and I just like to think of it as an AI. It is not a generative language model, just a natural language processing one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wrote a python program that polls the NWS for local severe weather alerts. When a new one comes in, it sends the text of the alert through SmartThings to my Google Home devices so it will announce the alert on my speakers. It would be possible to do the same thing with Tempest, but the API doesn’t provide severe weather alerts.

2 Likes

Looks Pretty Cool! Like The Concept!

1 Like

Seems That Maybe They Could Make That Happen! Would Be A Nice Improvement!

1 Like