Installing Sky on Rooftop

Thanks for the response.

My first concern with that mount is that it won’t likely hold a 10 foot pole rigid enough.

I’m certainly hoping something like that mount will do the trick, as attaching the pole to my fascia boards is just about the only real option I have. Do you think I’d have better luck with something like the item shown in this video?

As for grounding, I personally wouldn’t run a lightning ground wire to my electrical panel. It should run to a separate ground rod or rods as close to the pole as possible.

Interesting. I’ve been studying antenna installation videos and web pages, and most advise connecting an antenna to the same ground as your household ground, usually installing it at the electrical panel or directly to the home’s ground wire. I thought that since I don’t have a coaxial cable to contend with, no wires of any sort, actually, that it might be an even less critical installation. But again, I’m a novice at this stuff, so perhaps a separate ground rod would be a better choice. This too would be difficult seeing as how the previous home owner poured cement right up to the property line, which would mean a very long run to reach anywhere that I could pound in a grounding rod.

1 Like