New Tempest Weather System

2 Likes

From the FAQ:
How durable are the AIR/SKY devices?
We use a marine-grade plastic formula for the device casings, which are designed to improve durability and keep the devices shining white for many years to come. No matter where you live; in the heat of Central Florida, bitter cold of Canada, or across the seas, the AIR/SKY wonā€™t degrade from years of weathering.

3 Likes

Any updates on when existing owners can get the Tempest head unit fo go with our existing hub? I realize COVID has matters in turmoil, just wanting any info available at this point.

1 Like

They posted an update here: Tempest Shipping Update & More

1 Like

On the website I see a cool USB power cable & wall plug for Hub with the logo. Will that be available for sale to power my existing hub?

Will there be a link or a special place for existing WF users to purchase the upgraded Tempest at a discount? Will it be posted in this forum? Will such an offer be an offer sent us existing users by email? My husband got me the WF September 26, 2019, just before the announcement of a new upgraded unit. He feels badly that he should have waited. But here we are - how we will find out about upgrading at a discount?

3 Likes

Yes, i wanna know myself. I want the new and improved Tempest. Details

Any updates regarding first generation owners who want to buy with the promised reduced price. Does one order right nos or wait for the reduced price and email from weatherflow

1 Like

Updates are coming soon!

10 Likes

Is the update. 1st generation sky/air reduced price will receive their email to buy September 2020 or later

Will those who signed up for beta testing (didnā€™t make the cut) receive an email this week on the consolation special?

1 Like

Iā€™m in the same boat.

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tempest app : first experiences and issues

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tempest app : first experiences and issues

I did receive an email today regarding an available ā€œpackageā€ for the ā€œrejectedā€ beta testers. It showed a complete station (including the hub) and a hoodie and tumbler. It was my understanding that we would be able to purchase the unit without the hub since we could use a hub we already had for the Air and Sky units. If my understnading is correct, will I be receiving another email with a deal on that option?

1 Like

Same here, I thought we would have an offer for just the tempest by itself and no hub that was even cheaper. The promo email is a good deal but I donā€™t need another hub unless I give my old station away to one of my friends.

1 Like

I think there are distinct advantages to have a new Hub. @WFstaff will need to address that because I make things and make some people angry.

The Tempest finally arrived today (one day early, to my complete surprise). So far, so good! Everything went very smoothly with the installation.

Itā€™s been raining most of the day here, due to all of the the activity from Invest 90L, so sheā€™s already getting a workout and collecting data.

Hereā€™s the link to ā€œWillow Brookā€: https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/18140

12 Likes

@MiamiWX. Beautiful ! New web app: https://tempestwx.com/station/18140/

3 Likes

Thank you! I just bookmarked the link. :+1:t2: