Tempest Complete System International Shipping Update

Got my Tempest three days ago here in Berlin, Germany (https://tempestwx.com/station/29737).

First impression: I like it. But station pressue value is around 5 hPa to high. Rain detection is insensitive than my HomeMatic weather station and rain amount value is much lesser than the HomeMatic value.

1 Like

Same problem with the rain detector (see here). Seems like the fact that it cannot detect light rain is know. But otherwise I also like mine :slight_smile:

Donā€™t worry about the pressure yet. Calibration will kick in, in 1 to 2 weeks once it has settled.
Keep a close eye on station voltage the coming days. I hope your Tempest will see enough direct sunlight (I know Berlin is going in very short days, been there last Novembre)

1 Like

Nearly same like in Paris.

Here in the north of Netherlands there is still sufficient sunlight to charge Tempest.
Mine is around 2.62 Volts now.

Curious how it will be in the winter.

1 Like

Unfortunately my Tempest looses Voltage. I came 4 days befor with 2,49 V now it has only 2,44 V. And there was sun in between. Is it faulty ?

This is what I was afraid off, your station is not seeing enough direct sunlight. It saw only once more than 300 W/m^2 needed to really kick in. (look at solar radiation).

Your forecast says it should be a bit sunny, just look if it hits the solar panels. If not, if possible move it where it does. Once it is back to a ā€˜normalā€™ level it will need on average a good hour a day to stay afloat and go to 100%. From full it can hold a week on average if we get longer dull grey days.

1 Like

Paris is differentā€¦ a lot more west and south.
The advantage of long summer evenings causes the disadvantage of short winter daylight for Berlin ā€¦
But it should be enough at any time in the year to power the Tempest.

If the forecast, I recently looked up, is correct, you should have some sunny hours tomorrow, letā€™s wait and see what the voltage behaves and the sunlight sensor measures.

Still waiting for @WFsupport to get back to meā€¦ hopefully soon, with some good news :wink:

ok, my Tempests are on the way!! Thanks @WFsupport for making it happen!

1 Like

Yeah sounds like itā€™s not getting enough sunlight. I just put mine up late Monday and today it reached 2.82 volts!

1 Like

Thereā€™s something new about shipping to Europe, especially Germany, somehow thereā€™s no more info from @WFsupport at all Again please an update. Greetings from Berlin

1 Like

I am quite disappointed about this mess.
no updates, no delivery, no reaction on emails ( even not on the email requesting for expedite shipping)
I am happy to see that others where lucky, in my case just the money is gone. (that was fast)

Please react at least on the emails or even better just do the think i pledge for and deliver.
Plus in the future deliver updates where you collect your money and not in some ā€œotherā€ pages.
Looking for my station #2,946
Thorsten

I share your pain. I was also very disappointed by all the delays and the lack of concrete information. Fortunately, I asked for an early delivery when they said they had a couple of station that could be delivered to those not wanting to wait (I donā€™t need that powerbank thing here anyway). Now my Tempest is here, Iā€™m still fighting to get it work properly (that rain sensor is a bit painful) but otherwise after 3 weeks of use, I think the wait was worth it.

1 Like

A follow-up photo just for fun.

7 Likes

Thanks for the good news that waiting is worth it :wink:
I would have loved if they would have reacted on my early delivery request.

1 Like

Yeah I chose the expedited shipping option and got it at the start of October here in Melbourne Australia. So far I have been pretty impressed with it. My pressure was a like 5 hPa above the official nearby weather station and they replied back that thereā€™s a bug in their calibration software so they are working on a fix. Support has been pretty good so far.

Everyone keeps complaining about rain but I think youā€™re better off getting a manual or bucket rain gauge and comparing that to your Tempest as rainfall can be different a few streets away. For example it was raining 1km away from my house yesterday but it wasnā€™t raining at my house!

Iā€™ll take oneā€¦ shot of that Cruzan!

There is a three shot minimum.

1 Like

Gary you win! You have 5 hubs in a row. . .I only have 3!

2 Likes