Tempest Shipping Progress

Just an update. A backer from Australia on Kickstarter opened a ticket because he didn’t get his backerkit survey yet. This is what Weather Flow said…

Thanks for writing in. We surveyed the Pro Hub (storm and fire kit + remote cellular kit) backers first because the Pro Hub reward is going to be delayed further until 2021. We’re gearing up the regular Tempest System surveys for international backers. Yours will come soon. Thanks for your patience.

So basically anyone that ordered the pro hub have got the survey first as thats not due to come until early 2021 now and they need to know if they want the Tempest now so they can probably send them in bulk with everyone else that just ordered the Tempest and not the pro hub (storm and fire kit + remote cellular kit).

Weather Flow should’ve done an update on this so it’s clear for everyone. It would be stressful on people not knowing what is happening when some international backers are getting their surveys while others are not.

2 Likes

So let me get this right. They are sending out international surveys for something that won’t ship until next year. They are not yet sending out international surveys for something (the plain Tempest system) that is supposed to be about to ship. Huh? (I’d better stop now before I get wound up.)

Weatherflow has indeed send a message to those that ordered the pro hub to clearly state it will have an extra delay, offering them the option to swap to a normal kit that will come soon or accept the extra lead time.

The normal kit will be going soon to the non US backers. There is a special testing going on for those Tempest devices right now to confirm they do work correct radio/wifi wise as frequencies are not the same outside the US. On paper all was ok but experience learned already that nothing will ever beat the real testing. So yep it is happening and first returns are ok. But testing is still pushed further in all regions of the world.

Just scroll a few post back … it was already posted 4 days ago, things are moving fast now.

6 Likes

Bonjour à tous,

Impatient de commander la mise à jour TEMPEST pour la France, une idée de la date ? Merci :blush::fr:

You should be getting the backer survey in France soon I would assume.

@eric any chance that you can implement a language plugin to this forum? Had to search Google for that one lol.

FYI, @eric’s native language is French AFAIK…

2 Likes

Bonjour radex13

Il y a des tests en cours sur les versions non US et bientôt les livraisons des versions pré commandé vont commencer. Après il n’y a pas encore de date fixe pour la vente en ligne.
Si tu veux être averti, tu peux toujours laisser ton mail sur cette page et tu seras averti quand ce sera possible.

(for all the others, same as a few post above, testing and delivery soon for the backers but no date yet for online ordering. You can leave your mail on this page and you will be notified when it is possible)

1 Like

No, it is not possible to install extra plugins on this board as it is the hosted version and we have to do with what is installed by default.

4 Likes

Hi @trevor, @93ben @bruceldavies we wanted to offer some insight that would hopefully put your minds at ease and dispel any conclusions being drawn.

Agreed, there should have been an official update posted. I believe we have been waiting for better information. Too many official updates on the day-to-day procedures can be cumbersome. We want to push out clear, concise information with relevant news for the backers who are still waiting.

Correct. These backers are going to be waiting for much longer and we wanted to give them some personal attention along with some fulfillment options.

Correct, we have not yet sent out international address confirmation surveys but will be very soon. The Pro Hub backer questionnaires are totally independent. Pro Hub backers being asked questions is not going to impact our timeline for shipping standard Tempest Systems pledges for international backers. Yes, we plan on bulk shipping, but there will likely be ongoing bulk shipments as more backers confirm addresses and finalize their orders.

We appreciate everyone’s patience and support. Here if you need anything! Be well.

5 Likes

I see. Had no idea this forum was on a different server. Anyway I like it. It’s easier to use than some other forums.

I see, I can understand how hard it would be to deliver a new product durring pandemic that was not expected to happen.

I see that’s good to know. I’m looking forward to recieving my Tempest soon. I just hope my local postal service doesn’t delay it so much as coronavirus is affecting Australia Post that they are having to sort out mail in South Australia and New South Wales to deliver it in Victoria.

Thanks. I had forgotten there were two different surveys/questionnaires.

Hanging in there waiting for shipping surveys to Australia… (And looking forward to the Tempest)

Trevor

2 Likes

Hi a quick question. I have ordered my new Tempest last year while I was living in Norway. Now I have relocated and living in Lithuania. Same place where I bought and now using the 1st WeatherFlow station. Is it will be possible for you to ship to Lithuania?

I would suggest for you to open a ticket if your address has changed and it’s locked on backerkit or you bought it from the website at https://help.weatherflow.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Do you consider Switzerland part of EU or should I prepare for yet another delay???

Yes, address confirmation surveys will be distributed very soon.

Lithuania is part of the EU, so it should not be a problem. When you receive the address confirmation survey, you can update your address.

Not up to us :wink: but fair question - we can and will be shipping rewards to Switzerland. You will be able to confirm a Swiss shipping address in the survey.

2 Likes

Well it looks like the remaining international backers are now receiving their surveys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gidday from Rangiora, New Zealand - received survey this afternoon, and completed :+1:t2:
So having backed via Indiegogo on 6th March 2020 (#3407), not long to go now.
Exciting - and can’t wait to install alongside my old trusty Davis 6163 which I’ve had for 13 years now.

1 Like

Good news from Italy, i have received my survey this morning!!! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi,

What about european deliveries ?

François

1 Like