Production update July 11

This is an update to Production update July 2

Most of the parts shipments were retrieved from Chinese customs in Hong Kong and subsequently received at our contract manufacturer in Shenzhen allowing us to resume production of AIR & SKY devices this past week. Production will proceed full scale this week and next week.

We are awaiting receipt of a parts shipment containing the WiFi/BLE module that goes in the HUB. We expect this shipment within days. As necessary, a WeatherFlow employee has been flown to China and will personally retrieve shipment from Hong Kong to expedite delivery – we do not anticipate this will be necessary. On receipt in Shenzhen, our contract manufacturer can finish building the remaining HUBs (sequentially after the AIRs and SKYs are done).

Now you know all the facts we know.

8 Likes

That is good news! I am a backer in the 3000’s so I shall remain patient, but it is good to know progress is being made. In the give me an inch and request a mile department, I hope you guys are working on a solar panel for the Sky. The less trips to the roof the better.

1 Like

You produced Sky 868mHz for Europe when you got the tragic problem of getting out of components. Will you continue to manufacture all 256 pcs to Europe or will you switch the production to 915mHz US?

Our goal right now is to produce all remaining stations and ship as quickly as we can.

Any update on how this is going? Has the factory fired back up and have the parts been received?

1 Like

July 17 – All systems go. Contract manufacturer has been producing AIRs and SKYs. The WiFi / BLE module parts for new HUBs have arrived in Shenzhen and are expected at factory tomorrow – no production delays suffered. WF employee in China doing everything possible to get packages shipping out as soon as possible.

11 Likes

That is great news. There is no doubt that David will get the job done.

4 Likes

Now that is good news​:+1::+1:

Don’t know why it showed +1🤔

I’m note sure if cracking the whip at a Chinese factory is the best imagery…

1 Like

OK, we’ll edit our July 17 update accordingly.

1 Like

Some progress in manufactering and shipping ?

1 Like

Update July 23 Good news, production is humming along at the factory. Right now it’s looking like we’ll be able to ship out more deliveries starting first week of August. Roughly in priority order picking up around order #1800.

6 Likes

so what is a realistic expectation for a late order? mine is “Indiegogo order #3023

Don’t hold your breath - he didn’t say ‘which’ August…sigh…

It would be nice to know how many they plan to ship. Is it 10, 50, 100 ?

Well…

From past posts, WeatherFlow as indicated that production of product will be sufficient to fulfill all orders and enough product to start online sales.

1 Like
  • How many AIR and SKY remain to be built ?
  • How many HUB remain to be built ?
  • How many kits are expected to ship per day ?

Proabably about the same amount as when everything came to a screeching halt on parts sanfu
This link is proabably pretty close to what you are asking

Hi,

Can we get another update similar to the one on June 25 by fishrman?

Im in australia, so im looking at getting the 915Mhz COMPLETE
My IGG order number is 3245.
Last i heard the 915 Completes had 671 units left to send (this was on June 25)
Now we are one month later, whats the stats?
Cheers

Update July 25
For those asking about specific stats, the counts remain similar to those published prior to our parts shipment being quarantined by Chinese customs. The parts quarantine contained several parts critical to the completion of all devices HUB, AIR, and SKY. Now that we have the parts liberated from customs, production has been in full swing. A WeatherFlow employee has been at our contract manufacturer in Shenzhen directly overseeing production. Total Backers completed: 1936, Backers remain to be shipped: 877.

Report from today 25 July: Thing are still on track to resume shipping late next week. All remaining AIRs are done. All remaining SKYs are in final assembly and testing now. All remaining HUBs are on deck for assembly following SKYs.

As noted numerous times before, we don’t have the accuracy and confidence to forecast exact number of units to be sent on exact dates. But rather, literally everything is being done to expedite and deliver to all backers asap.

Here are a couple photos from the assembly lines from yesterday 24 July:
30%20AM
01%20AM

10 Likes