Production update July 2

Please first read this update: Shipping Update June 25

Follow up Update as of July 2: Good news. Our broker in Hong Kong has advised that our critical parts delivery is expected to arrive at our contract manufacturer in Shenzhen on Thursday July 5th. :crossed_fingers: Once received, the factory lines will begin the SMT process (soldering the parts to the control boards) and will ramp up full production.

14 Likes

Thats great news :grinning: hoprfully you can get the UV sensor lined out and start producing some production units after ya get all us axnious backers orders filled Getting Closer

Thx for the the good news

Great news! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the update!

Glad to hear ! the show goes on :+1:

Would you please advise possible delivery date for Nevada?
2 Air and 2 Sky. Ordered 21JUL2016, Order ID 1827.
Thank you!

I must say that both Air and Sky are really well constructed. Strong plastic that should hold up to any weather. My Air spent its first season through a very cold Canadian winter and looks new as the day as it arrived.

3 Likes

Hi @smpitmaniv We have a truly pathetic track record when it comes to forecasting production and delivery dates (we’re much better at forecasting the weather!!) – mostly because we simply cannot control all the variables. Wish we could advise with some accuracy, but we just don’t have the data to provide a reliable estimate. We have your order. Every day we show up with the primary goal to produce and deliver complete stations to eager backers. Along the way, we’re sharing details of what we do know to keep everyone informed.

7 Likes

Thank you!
I was reviewing all the posts and it seemed like some folks, perhaps not fro WF, have indicated all units for the USA have been delivered. Others state they have received their units in a variety of States.

I shall wait.

God, grant me patience and I want it now!

2 Likes

Yes, patience is a virtue. I’m a lucky one to have received Air last November, then Sky recently. Patience will be rewarded with two great pieces of hardware to fill your weather needs.

4 Likes

Hope they arrived successfully!

5 July notes: David (@dsj) from WeatherFlow spent the American Independence July 4th holiday flying to China on a previously planned trip. Once in Shenzhen, he will be focused on our contract manufacturer completing the production run to fulfill all Indiegogo pre-orders. In addition, he will be working through production details of a couple new accessories, testing alternate sensors, and improving supply-chain management.

10 Likes

Accessories! :slightly_smiling_face: Can’t wait for you to get those sorted and be able to announce. Hopefully solar shield for air and the Breathe.

Also eagerly awaiting my two stations.

The Washington Post reports, “Some said that Beijing’s tactics may go beyond tariffs to include arbitrary quarantines and a costly uptick in customs inspections.” Is WeatherFlow concerned that our newly launched trade war with China may further complicate the delivery schedule?

1 Like

Is David from Weatherflow reported missing in action?

David is in China right now.

2 Likes

Did the radios and Uv sensors make it to the factory, and is David putting them to good use
yet ?

I can’t tell you more… I’m not WF staff :wink: but guess we’ll have news once there is

3 Likes

Sort of. He had to stop in Thailand en route to China to help guide some young soccer players out of a flooded cave. :wink:

4 Likes

Doubt it (hopefully), but certainly does not make our job any easier. Taking it day by day and reporting facts when we know them.

4 Likes

Best quote of the day!! :laughing::rofl::+1:

1 Like