Weather Underground - Issues and Comments

SW = Smart Weather…

4 Likes

If you want your family and friends to see your data real time, you can use a third party app like btstWx or btstWx Pro.
It’s available for both Android and iOS.
All you need is for them to install the app and you let them know what your station ID is.
(Shameless plug. I’m the developer.)

3 Likes

So I’ve got my new Tempest working in the WeatherFlow app, and I’ve signed up with Weather Underground and been assigned a station ID and key. But I can’t figure out where in the WeatherFlow app I can enter that information to link them up. From looking back through this thread it looks like there should be something under settings -> public data, but I’ve only got three options there and none of them are related to Weather Underground. Has this functionality been removed from the app? Or relocated? Or is there something else I’m missing? Thanks in advance for any help!

2 Likes

It can’t be done through the app, for now, but you can accomplish this through the website.

When you’re on the tempestwx.com website, click “Settings”.

Under the “Manage” section, click “Stations”.

Click on your station, then click “Public Data”.

At the bottom, you’ll see the “Weather Underground” section. Once you’re in that section, you’ll need to input your Weather Underground “Station ID” and “Station Key”.

Once I added my information, it took approximately 30 minutes to populate on the Weather Underground website.

I certainly hope this helps!

5 Likes

Awesome, the option for WU was there on the site right where you indicated! I’ve added my info and will check back on WU in a bit to see if its working. Thank you!! :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting this. I spent the better part of yesterday with my new Tempest trying to find out how to do this and reading this forum was only producing way outdated info. on the topic. I’ve been a WU user for a long time with another PWS and I was going to be really disappointed that the Tempest may not connect. A sticking point to my purchase. WU may still go away at some point but at least I see now there are other options for public sharing.

@corrineb Should this not be included in the ap like it used to be ? Is this a bug or was it left out on purpose? I can not even access my Sky/Air WU sharing thru the new Ap. Did not know this had happened until I read this thread.

I could be wrong but the WU removal on the app seems to me that they are trying redirect us to their tempestwx map and page on purpose to view those PWSs instead. I mean, I get it but don’t promise WU access in the kickstarter and then promptly remove it just as we get the devices. That’s just a bit of bait n switch since WU access was a major sticking point to me to help fund. I know WU is falling apart but it still provides way more comparative PWSs in my area at this point and that’s a big deal to me.

1 Like

I would be really surprised if that is the case Hopefully they just did not include it in the Beta app which was just released a couple of weeks ago only to Tempest field testers and in the confusion of the release /shipping of production model Tempest they did not update app or just plain forgot because as field testers we really was not supposed to post any kind of information to public about tempest.

THANK YOU!! It was on the app before the upgrade and it’s been driving me nuts. This should of been shouted by the developers. Really appreciate you posting this, been driving myself nuts

It is likely missed by us beta testers because if we upload to WU it would have already been setup and if, like me, we don’t upload to WU it didn’t cross our minds to look for it. At least the web interface still has it.

You can use the app to access the map and do the same thing as logging in from web browser You might have to log in when you access the map from the app but you can do it that way also but that’s a lot of steps . Like David said All us testers set it up before app updated or do not use it. I pinged Corrine a few post up. I think everybody at WF is ignoring me I have another post where I Pinged DJ and wfstaff and no answer either. I hope its because they are busy and just not ignoring me :thinking:

3 Likes

they don’t ignore anybody ;-). Just things are very busy with sending out the Tempest and from there scaling the systems to get all the the new device up in the system. They read and note most. Just for now shipping an big bugs are priority, the rest will follow and don’t forget we’re not in a ‘normal’ situation … what is easy becomes difficult with the virus around … just be patient

5 Likes

You are not being ignored any more than the rest of us. It’s a very busy time for everyone in Florida. Not just with shipping the Tempest but with the changes in weather and the commercial side of the company.

I got a message from the wife of one of the staff asking me to remind him to pick up milk on the way home. It’s a sad day when we have their attention more than their own family.

4 Likes

Thanks I kind of figured that, but there’s always that little voice in the back of the mind, so it always good to have people like you guys reassuring us whats going on

Be Safe :mask:

Hello - I am hoping to get some help setting up my new Tempest to link to weather underground. I did the setup and still am listed as “offline” and it has been several hours. Any thoughts on things I might check?

As long as your “Station ID” and “Station Key” are correct, you should be online within the hour.

1 Like

I absolutely know they are correct… hmmmm

If it’s a new station it make take a few hours

I reset the station on weather underground … and then also reset the Tempest to do a total re-do. BUT, now I am unable to fill in the Station ID or the Key… they are both blank and will not allow me to type at all… also I have reset my cookies… logged out and re-logged in. Any thoughts?